Forums are back in action! ×

New to Nerd Fitness (or fitness of any kind)

Hi all,

I found Nerd Fitness last week and get more excited the more I read. I never had to exercise in my youth to keep trim and athletic, I just had to play! It is a concept I have since forgotten and hope to bring back to the forefront. Exercise sucks, but play is awesome! 

Now that my incredibly active youth is well behind me, and after 18 years at a desk job I closely resemble a middle aged sloth (minus the fur).

I am currently on a vlcd and want to prepare to transition to the paleo diet, but I have not worked out a game plan that will prevent weight gain going from 500 kcal to something more reasonable.

I am really looking forward to doing quest (how much fun is that!) and talking to like-minded people as soon as I being this transition (about two weeks), but plan to enjoy the forums as both inspiration and information.

I am always open to suggestions, so if anyone has been where I am with the vlcd and sloth DNA, please feel free to share what did or did not work…

I look forward to getting to know each of you… 

Hey, welcome aboard! I totally get where you're coming from. When I was younger, I was a stick, then the less I played outside the less the weight burned off. I did find that finding an activity you enjoy makes a huge difference on finding a sustainable workout regimen. Good luck with your quests, homie!

Battle Log |Current Challenge: Better Late Than Never| Previous Challenges: 1 | 

instagram: @gambitbjj | Winner of the Harry Potter PVP Challenge: House Ravenclaw

Welcome fellow desk-job rebel!!

It's tough when you are stuck in a chair all day.  Ugghhhh.  It sounds like you're ready to add more fun activity into your life though!  I agree it's all about having FUN :)

Good luck!!

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65