Forums are back in action! ×

Ok, after being a member of the local YMCA for a year, I am currently at my heaviest and in the least healthy shape of my life. So, time for a change. Dropped the Y and signed up with Planet Fitness. Will do that for a couple months so I can do some cardio until spring. After that, it is time to really focus on body weight training. My husband even bought me a pull up bar for in the house. Now we just have to see if any of our doors can hold it. (Old house) So, old house, old me; time to go old school. I need to get over my insecurities about working out in front of my family, but mostly I just need to change my eating habits. My diet is truly the proverbial monkey on my back. So I plan on taking that monkey to the pound at some point in the next week. <laugh> Wish me luck!

• Like 2

UltimateJinx007

~ Halfing Ranger

~ Level 0 Newbie

Congratulations! You've just been Jinxed!

Pull up bars are super versatile, hope you can find a suitable door frame. And diet change helps a LOT - I know for me, it's the difference between zero energy and gaining weight, and awesome energy and focus with weight correcting itself - even if I'm not actively working out at the time. But it is tougher than you'd expect to maintain, when it's so much easier to just stop at McD's or grab a pre-made meal from Walmart, so it takes a lot of practice and willingness to accept that you will most likely screw up at first, so don't give up

Current Challenge: Developing Roots

So-- how are you doing? I find I can complete a food log through My Fitness Pal for maybe 2 days and then I lose the motivation. I have NO IDEA why. I'm curious to see how things are going for you after a few days or so :) 

"Not all those who wander are lost" Tolkien

"the stars began to burn through the sheets of clouds, and there was a new voice which you slowly recognized as your own"  ~ Mary Oliver

Battle/Flight Log