Forums are back in action! ×

What's it like to be in shape?IDK

Hey everyone!

So I decided to join here at nerdfitness because well I want to be awesomer than I currently am(that's pretty awesome). So I've been at this thing for about a month(started at 301) and am currently down about 26 pounds, and have gained about a pound of lean since i started tracking bf% about half way through. I'm doing a combination IF/Paleo with a leangains type workout... I feel good and like I'm not hating it right now so that's a good sign after a month. Actually I really like the Paleo diet although I had to put about a glass of milk a day back in mmh whole fat grass-fed milk.

Keep on keeping on.

B

Welcome, I'm travelling the same Paleo with IF plan.

I water fast 3 consecutive days a month, so far the Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I am thinking of changing that to either Tuesday or Thursday weekly.

I'd be very interested to know how long and frequently you are fasting?

This is my weekly Blog, From Fat to Bat; one man's journey to be Batman...

This is my Intro thread...

Convict Conditioning:: Push Ups - lvl 2 || Squats - lvl 1 || Pull Ups - lvl 2 || Leg Raise - lvl 1 || Bridges - lvl 1 || Handstands - lvl 0

Current Body (2012.02.12) :: 5'10" || 270 lbs || Waist: 48" || Thigh: 25" || Arms: 14" || BF%: 36 || Young Bruce Level

Pat G - I'm going to go rhetorical, although I didn't ask how to be a shape, I'm currently very good at being round and bulgy like a moose.

Deansy- I currently fast everyday from 8-10pm to 4-6pm. It's kind of a mix between the Fast-5(19 fasted, 5 feeding) approach and LeanGains(16 fasted, 8 feeding). I have started drinking a protein shake in the morning after my workout on M,W,F. I had been just taking BCAA until I ate but wasn't really seeing the gains I was looking for. BCAA's are what Martin at Leangains suggest. Really though the reason I am going with this window is that I work full time and go to school full time so skipping breakfast saves me time, not making a lunch saves me time and not eating a lunch saves me time. So I eat after work/before school then after school. Put together that saves me about an hour a day, which I can spend on nerdfitness. LOL

Welcome aboard! I started off at 310Ib's in high school, it can sometimes feel like an impossibly long journey. I know that its an amazing feeling when you start seeing results! I know always making new goals for myself is the biggest thing that keeps me on the bandwagon! Looking forward to seeing ya on the forums!