Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from Music City

This website is SO inspiring. 29 year old female residing in Nashville. Lifetime exerciser, not really overweight-but can lose a good 10-15 lbs. But the last ten lbs really is the hardest to get to. After reading much of the posts on the NF site, I've come to the conclusion it's the diet. I "thought" I was eating healthfully, but Steve's views on starches and grains opened my eyes. Bye, bye pasta...:neglected: I think I'll keep the red wine, though.

Workout regimen: Running 2x a week, Elliptical 3x a week, Weight lifting 2x a week, and Zumba 2x a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but that's my typical week. Lucky to have a gym near work in downtown Nashville, so I can work out on my lunch hour and even luckier I don't work directly with people, so I can be all stinky and sweaty when I return to work.:topsy_turvy:

Look forward to chatting and inspiring and supporting one another in our goals.

just keep on trucking...

What makes me a nerd? First off, I majored in English rhetoric. I'm an extreme fan of Harry Potter books, A Game of Thrones books, Hunger Games books, Lord of the Rings, Big Bang Theory show and can beat the Super Mario Brothers game in less than an hour-take that, Bowser!

Thanks for the welcome.

just keep on trucking...

What makes me a nerd? First off, I majored in English rhetoric. I'm an extreme fan of Harry Potter books, A Game of Thrones books, Hunger Games books, Lord of the Rings, Big Bang Theory show and can Beat the Super Mario Brothers game in less than an hour-take that, Bowser!

Thanks for the welcome.

Nerd cred established :D You may now continue.

Oh George R. R. Martin...why do you hate your protagonists???

Protagonists are overrated ;)

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Ditto what Bigm said! ;)

Wine is also a weakness of mine...I have cut out a lot of the grains and stuff the last couple weeks (still eating/drinking dairy though) and I have lost weight and feel TONS better.

Welcome to NF!

Good to know the weight loss can be done and keep the wine. They say red wine promotes a healthy heart, right? I'm sure the cavemen figured out how to ferment grapes...

What all did you cut out? Just grains?

just keep on trucking...

Good to know the weight loss can be done and keep the wine. They say red wine promotes a healthy heart, right? I'm sure the cavemen figured out how to ferment grapes...

What all did you cut out? Just grains?

Right! A glass a day! Which I think translates to a bottle a week or so....right? So I can still have my decadent bubble baths....

As far as fermenting...

1. pick grapes

2. put grapes in a bowl thing

3. squash grapes

4. wait til it smells good

...yeah, I'm SURE they did it! ;)

I've severely cut down on bread, pasta, rice, grains, potatoes even....I'm still eating them, just in much smaller portions and not as regularly. I've been eating a lot of veggies, tuna, chicken, nuts, peanut butter (apparently not paleo :dispirited:) and protein shakes. I still need to up my protein though...so working on getting more meat things in there.

I also binged this past weekend...hubby took me out for a night on the town and I had a bunch of beer...and then was still down on the scale this week.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8