Forums are back in action! ×

I ONLY got ONE thing to say about this weekend....

The patriots are cheating bastards and the only reason I'm not routing against them is I hate the giants and cowboys more.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

LOL corey! don't you know? EVERY team is cheating bastards! ;) I live in NY, deep in Giants territory...its gonna make for a hell of a week next week, either way. Bring it ON!

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

I've realized that I'm a geographic rooter. Midwest vs midwest...the one closest to Ohio. Midwest vs east or west coast, midwest. West coast vs east coast, west coast. east coast vs east cost, smallest city...ergo...Go Patriots.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

I just realized I'm flying to NY today and NY is playing in the superbowl.

Argh.

All the crazies are in Indianapolis...

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Getting psyched!!!! What to make for snacks? Well, i have a bunch of home made tortillas--maybe some quesadillas? or oh, better yet, fry em up in pastured oil and made some salsa? whooo hooo! No beer for me this Super Bowl...yesterday was my cheat day. Had a great gluten free beer. St. Peter's sorghum. It really rocked! Reminded me a bit of Magic Hat.Yes, the crazies are out here in NY for sure...its gonna be a good one!

AGGGHhhhhh.....now I have to deal with post loss trauma from my husband....The ref call of intentional grounding and then a safety sealed the deal back in the first...the refs screwed it all up...whatever...when does spring training start?

AGGGHhhhhh.....now I have to deal with post loss trauma from my husband....The ref call of intentional grounding and then a safety sealed the deal back in the first...the refs screwed it all up...whatever...when does spring training start?

Ehhhh I don't know... the refs missed some blatant pass interfering from Patriots too. Isn't that how football goes? The refs are always treating OUR teams unfairly? lol

Despite my former lack of posting in this thread, I'm officially heartbroken over the Patriots' loss.

All that decidedly terrible eating, for nothing.... :P

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

I don't understand this tournament, this sport or even this thread.

Football is a sport where feet are the primary mover of a ball....

Oz.

No. And now I get to use my nerditry, my education in sport, and my love for history!

The term football refers back to peasant games. The games were played with a ball, on foot, thus distinguishing it from similar games played on horseback with a ball by the upper class. 'Football' is a very encompassing term, and is appropriately used for any game played on foot where the objective is to advance a ball into a goal or goal area by use of the players bodies (hockey is similar but with sticks). Games appropriately described as football include: Rugby (union and league), Canadian football, American football, Australian football, and soccer (term used here for accuracy in distinguishing the games).

Generally only European originating games should be described as football (for example, the Inuit have a traditional game played with an inflated seal bladder that is very similar to soccer).

Basketball is not football because it did not grow out of the peasant games originally called 'foot ball.'