Forums are back in action! ×

Skinny guy, want to stop spinning my wheels, overwhelmed by information

Hey there.

I am 18 years old, 178cm and just about 56 kg. 

I’ve been “lifting†maybe for 3 years but really not consistent, just going around here and there, skipping workouts, not eating properly and not having a plan. And I was fat.

Then I lost a lot of weight. Now I want to really bulk up. I am going to the gym for some time now, but without success because I wasn’t eating enough, but now I finally am and I am seeing weight gain.

But I have really problem with workout routine. I don’t know what should I follow. I don’t like those beginner routines 3x per week, because I love being in the gym and I have good form on basic lifts already and my goal is just hypertrophy/getting big.

Right now I am in gym 6 times per week, doing high volume PPL. This is my routine: http://i.imgur.com/whk6hjd.png

I really don’t know if I am doing the right thing. I don’t know if that routine is good. Am I doing too much volume? Am I setting myself up for a failure because I am not following beginner program?

What should I do???

If you're starting from ground 0 I'd say do a beginner strength training workout from the start and get through the entirety of it. It's not just for form, it's to build initial strength and mass, which is what seems to be your goal at the moment. I'm not a hardcore lifter though I do train strength and lift, you can use the other days in the gym to work on ancillary work to improve your major lifts or take a rest day (it's stressed throughout the forums that rest days are imperative to gaining muscle as you build muscle between training on your rest days.) 

My tolken rule of thumb is if you feel all over the place it's always a solid idea to rein it in and go simple until you regain your footing so you don't injure yourself or waste time doing things you're not sure of. 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both