Forums are back in action! ×

NightWatcher13 kindles a fire

Humanity restored, and then...

You_died.jpg

I have no good excuse for why I fell off the grid, I just let too many things pile up and let fitness completely slide. I was back for last challenge, and did see some improvement but mostly just fell on my face. So now I'm trying to stand back up, dust myself off, and go grab that last bloodstain so I can reclaim my souls (Dark Souls currency for anyone who hasn't played). Right now I'm aiming to reclaim my health, both my mental health from stress (like a roommate constantly taking my things so now I have to keep them in my room) and my physical health from lack of use and proper diet. So far I feel like it's been 3 steps forward, 2-3.5 steps back depending on the week, but I need to at least complete my couch to 5k that I've had to restart, get my diet under control, and get some functional strength and flexibility back. And I have a feeling that even if I'm careful, I may die a few more times... But hopefully I get back up from the campfire and go right back out again rather than just sitting and pouting.

Sif.jpgcapra-demon-large.jpg

Current Challenge: Developing Roots

Here, have an Estus Flask! 

Last year I tried and failed to complete the C25K program, twice. Completely gave up on it until January of this year. I had a couple of schedule hiccups, but am about to start Week 8 finally. Sometimes a skeleton just jumps out of a random corner and pulls off an amazing backstab. But that's okay. Just appear at the campfire, take a moment and look back at what knocked you down last time and see if you can make a small change to get past it! You got this!

• Like 1

Here, have an Estus Flask! 

Last year I tried and failed to complete the C25K program, twice. Completely gave up on it until January of this year. I had a couple of schedule hiccups, but am about to start Week 8 finally. Sometimes a skeleton just jumps out of a random corner and pulls off an amazing backstab. But that's okay. Just appear at the campfire, take a moment and look back at what knocked you down last time and see if you can make a small change to get past it! You got this!

8491770769_ca01a78dff_z.jpg

Thankya much :) I got all the way to week 7 on my 2nd attempt last year, and wound up hyper-extending my knees and had to restart; you're not kidding about those darn reanimated skeletons. At least this time I know it's there though, so maybe I can keep it from stabbing me again 

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Developing Roots