Forums are back in action! ×

Zombies

Guest Gemeaux

Guest Gemeaux

I am a lazy bitch and need excitement when I work out . So I thought it would be awesome if someone developed an app for running , but the motivation are zombies ! It would be like the couch to 5 k app but with zombies . Imagine you're running listening to some bad ass music and every 40 secs or so a voice tells you how close the zombies are , all set to dramatic music and zombie noises !

It would be like a game and the goal is to be not eaten . Weird ? Yes , but I think that would make me run everyday .

I don't think it's out yet. I saw something about it being available for Android May 2012, "3 months after the iphone release." But that was just upon a cursory look-around. Maybe it's been delayed or some other whatnot.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

For those who are interested in running from Z's, there's "Run For Your Lives", a series of Z infested obstacle course 5Ks.

Race: Human / Level: 1 / Current Class: Adventurer / Goal Class: Ranger

STR: 2.5 / DEX: 2 / STA: 3.5 / CON: 3.5 / WIS: 4 / CHA: 4.5

My Background / Facebook / GoodReads / Flickr / Fitbit

~ Take Care, Live Life, and Pray Hard ~

"Our lives are different to anybody else's. That's the exciting thing, that nobody in the universe can do what we're doing."

- Patrick Troughton (Doctor #2)

This is in Denver??? I am so doing this http://runforyourlives.com/denver/

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Yep. This guy's got it. Run for your Lives.

Also, the zombie app was a kickstarter campaign that was fully funded last year. I donated to it too. If its not released yet, it will be very soon. :)

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

It's out on the App Store today! I couldn't fund it (Amazon fail) but I'll probably buy the addons retail, if only to get myself running again.

edit// Just went on the first mission. Didn't quite finish it but awesome so far.

Yep. This guy's got it. Run for your Lives.

Also, the zombie app was a kickstarter campaign that was fully funded last year. I donated to it too. If its not released yet, it will be very soon. :)

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

I was a little disappointed to see that the app is $8. Maybe I'm just cheap, but they got funded by Kickstarter for thousands more than they were aiming for (if I remember correctly, and I may be mistaken), so it seems a little high.

Any reviews of it yet? Can you set the length of your run?

As for the Run For Your Lives races, I signed up to be a zombie in the Pittsburgh race this September. That evening I have a wedding. Should be interesting.

Facebook | Twitter | Blog |

"What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Toby: It's going to be hard.
Josh: Then we'll do what's hard.
- The West Wing

"A good lawyer sees trouble coming from around the corner."
-Professor Tom Ross

I was a little disappointed to see that the app is $8. Maybe I'm just cheap, but they got funded by Kickstarter for thousands more than they were aiming for (if I remember correctly, and I may be mistaken), so it seems a little high.

As for the Run For Your Lives races, I signed up to be a zombie in the Pittsburgh race this September. That evening I have a wedding. Should be interesting.

Umm... Voice acting is expensive. That's all I gotta say. :)

I'm just going to throw this out there because I used it for the first time this last weekend. So worth it. This was the first and only app I've ever bought. Funnest run I've ever had.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon

Nah, if I'm going to carry extra weight (beyond all the cheesecake, pizza, and cookies I've consumed) then it better be something worth the extra effort.

Not worth the effort?

PO

TAY

TOES

You know: boil'em, mash'em, stick'em in a stew?

Sorry about that, I had to. I just had to.