Forums are back in action! ×

I don't even care if I get really fat!

Keep it up.  I quit a good five years ago and I feel loads better.  It's going to take a long time to really appreciate everything that's different.  Right now you're probably still "nose blind" because you're still surrounded by things that smell like smoke, but you'll start smelling better after a while and that's what I love best.

My Battle Log 

I'm on Strava for my running now.

Check out Kick! too.  You unlock gear with your progress on Strava.

Thanks for the words of support, folks. The thing I love most about this place is the sense of community.

Even after such a short time, I'm feeling fantastic (though admittedly in a crab-clawed kind of way). I've tried to hundreds of times before but this time I have a little extra motivation. I read somewhere that 75% of quitters smoke a cigarette in the first six months. There's no way I'm going to fall into the bad 3/4 of that pie chart!

Anyway, thanks again for the good words.

On 3/17/2016 at 6:39 PM, Cryosilver said:

I'll admit to being part of that 75% :(  The key is, do your best not to smoke, but if you slip up, don't call it a failure and regress.  I've probably smoked half a dozen cigarettes since quitting (always when drinking), but never let it turn back into a habit.  Honestly, I can't even stand the taste of cigarettes when I'm sober anymore.

That's how it used to go for me too. A chunk of willpower battered into nothing by a few swift shants. This time around, I'm avoiding that by having a 2 pint maximum, although after a 20 mile hike on Saturday, I probably wanted that third beer more than I've ever wanted a cigarette!

Anyway, that's week 2 smashed. Here's to week 3 and thanks for the support, folks!

• Like 3

Keep it up!

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

On 3/17/2016 at 1:00 PM, Klonk said:

Thanks for the words of support, folks. The thing I love most about this place is the sense of community.

Even after such a short time, I'm feeling fantastic (though admittedly in a crab-clawed kind of way). I've tried to hundreds of times before but this time I have a little extra motivation. I read somewhere that 75% of quitters smoke a cigarette in the first six months. There's no way I'm going to fall into the bad 3/4 of that pie chart!

Anyway, thanks again for the good words.

Rebel!!!!  Be the 25%!!

"60% of the time, it works every time"

• Like 1

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve."