Forums are back in action! ×

Not feeling 'full'

Hey all. I haphazardly started on my paleo path recently. The thing that I find somewhat annoying is that after eating 6 eggs and two large peppers, I STILL felt hungry. I'm sort of like a horse, I can get my nutrients that I need in a meal, but I really need some roughage to take up space.

Any suggestions?

I don't doubt paleo, but would like some help with this dilemma.

Helpful tip 1: Your local library has great cookbooks that talk about the paleo diet. Use this resource!

Are you cooking the eggs in some oil/butter? You need some fat to your meal. Or mix in some avocada of a little bit of meat- though if it's lean meat you still need more fat. If you want more roughage, spinach tastes great with eggs (but I don't think it's very filling)

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

when I make eggs as my meal, I usually mix in another meat like ham or bacon or sausage. I am on the archevore program so I can also have some taters, sour cream or cheese...all pastured.

I also make a big batch of dark greens with bacon every week and portion it out--kale and collards etc. That fills you up.

Try also drinking a big glass of water before you eat and then eat more slowly. My tummy has shrunk over the last two months and eating to fullness actually makes me feel uncomfortable now--this should happen to you eventually.

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

so I'm the only person on these boards who had a TERRIBLE experience with the egg monster... I just can't do it. But I DO second the "cook in butter" or "cook in lard" people - more fat will make you feel a LOT better. Also, I finally figured out, dispite their constant lable as 'breakfast' food, I can't do enough eggs in the morning to feel full. If, however, I start with a dinner-sized steak, or stir fry, or something else, I'm good. And my calories throughout the day adjust themselves so I'm actually eating less and feeling full more. (on an interesting side-note, there was a study where similarly overweight men were fed the same diet, the only difference being one group had the calories 'front loaded' - lots of calories for breakfast - and the other was traditionally heavy on dinner. without any difference in nutrients or calories, the front loaders lost a considerable quantity more weight.)