Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone. I was alive on here for a few challenges in a row in the monk community last year. Then I started going through a deep depression at the beginning of my divorce (to be finalized this week!) and I started having panic attacks during jujutsu. My depression is much more under control now, and I feel like I might be able to add structured health goals back into my life. To start that, I've already started drinking at least 1 glass of water a day (I realized I had only had soda and beer for 3 months in a row....) and I meditated daily for 30 days with headspace. I need to reboot that as well, after taking a few weeks off.

I am going to choose a new path, as Monk doesn't really suit me right now. I have no plans to go back to martial arts in the near future (or possibly ever). Maybe druid? The meditation has been really great for my mental health. I also plan on biking a ton this summer.

On an awesome note: I'm going to Germany and Switzerland with my sister and her family over spring break. I'm really really excited about it! Talk about Epic Quest! I get back on April 1st, so I'll join a guild and get organized then.

I don't have anyone else to give it to, so here is a free code for 1 month of headspace: REW15-92LCKB

Base Character: Elantrian

Class/ Profession: Druid

Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Battle Log Whole30

Meditation has been a major boost in my battle with depression as well. Even on days where I don't get to meditate as much as I'd like, it just helps so much. Hopefully while you're in Germany and Switzerland you'll get the chance to as well, though I can understand if its hard, what with the excitement of travel and all!

• Like 1

So summer minor setbacks and opportunity for advancement all in one. Due to a family emergency, Germany has been pushed back to July. In the mean time, I suddenly have a week off work to focus on myself! I've decided to create a list of one time tasks that have been dragging me down and to get them all done. I'm also designing my goals for the next challenge.

1. Complete the quest of 3L of water for 5 out of 7 days.

2. Limit caffeine intake to 1 drink in the morning.

3. Meditate daily.

4. Do yoga twice a week. (Tuesday and Saturday most likely).

5. Go to the gym at least once in those four weeks. (Baby steps!)

I think I can complete these, and they will get me back on track for thinking about my actions.

Base Character: Elantrian

Class/ Profession: Druid

Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Battle Log Whole30