Forums are back in action! ×

Stepping out of my Shell, Hello.

Hello. I discovered Nerd Fitness last week, and I just joined the community today! It's a lifetime commitment after all, I had to be sure I could do it. I'm 28 and sick of everyone thinking I'm a couch potato. I'm NOT a couch potato, I just eat too much bread, have a muffin-top, and am really shy. Sometimes I would get dressed in workout clothes to go out running, shoes tied and ipod set, but I would just not be able to go running. I was too shy to go out by myself, I thought everyone was judging me. Anyway, I'm shy. So part of my rebellion is rebelling against my shyness. At least I don't have to be shy about the nerdy things I like here at NF!

I have big goals, I want to practice yoga every morning (and I don't even do yoga right now), be really flexible and strong, lose weight, and not feel shy about myself. I want to start working as an awesome OR nurse, become conversational in Spanish, join a Celtic music session group, get 8 hours of sleep every night, eat a sugar-free & gluten-free diet, and spend more time in nature. Nerd Fitness came to me at the right time! I'm really excited about where I'll be on 12/31/2012 --hopefully I'll have surpassed my goals, we'll see.

“The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.†~ Ayn Rand

Thanks for the welcome! I really like yoga. I've started to do some sun salutations via youtube videos in the morning, it feels so good! I know, I've got a lot of goals, and I've had a few of them for years--seriously. (I've been wanting to lose 20 pounds for about 12 years) I already do some of them, like study Spanish, play music, and spend time in nature, just not consistently. I've been gluten-free for about 4 days, it feels so great too! I think the hardest things to achieve will be sleeping 8 hours/night, eating a sugar-free diet, and losing weight. I really think I can do it though, I just have to apply myself in new ways...but we'll see after my first 6-week challenge. Thanks for the support!

“The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.†~ Ayn Rand