Forums are back in action! ×

BLARGH

Well, the 4 week challenge is almost done, and I was doing okay until three days ago...when my sister got nachos...which I then ate. I had Coke with my meal too -_- and they were the worst nachos ever. The pattern of eating shittily escalated - chocolate, soda, pizza, everything bad. To make matters worse, I haven't worked out for four days. I mean I guess four days doesn't seem like such a big deal but I'm also dealing with a lot of SERIOUS job dissatisfaction, the stress of applying to new jobs, finding graduate programs to apply to, and general misery this week so I guess I'm at a low point. Honestly eating this way is only pleasurable while I'm doing it - after, I feel bloated, gross, burpy, nauseous, the works. My body has started reacting differently to this stuff. Not going to the gym is killing my energy levels. It's been pretty miserable. I guess the way to fix it is to get back to my calorie goal and start eating the way i was eating earlier again. And starting working out again. Sigh. 

• Like 1

Ah backslides. the story of my life! :)

I've found it's sometimes easier to get going again if I do smaller shifts back to old habits. Instead of trying to jump back on the wagon going full speed, I just modify the bad habits until they are back in line. Pick the smallest thing you can think of and start with that.

So, feeling grumpy and want comfort food? Try to think of the healthiest comfort food you love, and nom that. Or make the food at home, so you know it will be as yummy as possible but make a small serving size (this sometimes backfires ;)).

Frustrated because you aren't moving, but don't want to go to the gym? Put on your favorite song and take a short MUST DANCE break! :D (Or do a small handful of bodyweight moves that you enjoy doing.) 

May work, may not work-- I have friends that their best bet is to just wake up one day and pretend the backslide never happened. The 'it was all a dream' method doesn't work for me, but I'm sure jealous of it!

Learning the art of Failing Upwards... (or: Moving Mountains with Teaspoons!)

www.Martha.net - Model Horses, Stories, Webcomics, Plaster Casting, Treadmill Gaming, etc... because you can never have too many hobbies!

So you haven't worked out in 4 days. 

If you work out 2 times for the rest of the week, you'll have already done more than you had in a week before you decided to get yourself on the fitness and health track. 

Same with the food. You made a few mistakes for a few days but instead of going forward and throwing everything out the window you're back. 

You've got this, this week is better than you think just because you decided to make it so. You rock. 

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both