Forums are back in action! ×

Hello, I don't know how I never heard of this before yesterday (via a Facebook ad)! This is exactly what I need in my life, some motivation to be active! I quit smoking over a year ago and put on weight from that and just never lost it, plus between work and school I've become very lazy. When I get home all I want to do is turn on some games and be lazy, bad habits. Many years ago I used to rock climb and it's so depressing that I can't even manage a pull up anymore, so that really needs to change. My biggest concern is my health, the doctor thinks I went through some deconditioning so it's going to be even harder to get back into it. I have the zombie run app which I like, as well as their 5k trainer, but I always end up sore, which makes me think I'm doing something wrong.

Anyway! About me, I am in school for biotechnology and I currently work as a lab tech in a cryogenic lab. I enjoy reading and gaming, archery, off-roading, shooting and disappearing into the woods with my dog, Ruger. I would like to climb again and am hoping to build some walls in my garage, there is a gym near me but I am not a social person and it's kinda expensive. Aside from my dog, I also have started into the saltwater aquarium money pit, I currently have a 40 gallon and am working on setting up a 25 cube as well.

This site is really overwhelming and has so much information, I still have a lot to go over but I plan on purchasing the academy membership later in the week.

Side note- does anyone know of any teens that use the academy? I have a brother who lives and breathes anything involving video games but really needs to get active, I was hoping this might spike his interest.

• Like 1

Hey and welcome!

What did your doctor mean by deconditioning?

How often are you running?

Re teens and the Academy, if it's anything like the forums it's 18+ but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable can confirm!

Anyway, happy to help when I can (although I'm mostly into general nutrition, yoga and lifting heavy things). :)

Sundae

Apparently because I had been working out during the summer and then stopped all together for the winter I sort of "crashed" from being lazy? I got winded real easy and had tightness in my chest. I still have to go for a stress test and talk to a cardiologist but all my x-ray and echos came back good so who knows.

I don't run often, I was trying to follow the 5k trainer and "run" 3x/ week but it's not much running. The first week has you run for 10 sec intervals and steps it up every week with exercises in between. I have never been good at cardio.