Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings fellow Rebels

Hello everyone!

My name is Jason, and I am a new member here with the Rebellion!

I am 19 years old, and have never managed to weigh more than 160 lbs. I have tried eating a crap ton of food, running, weight machines (I know, I know. I used to be part of the empire -_-) and never managed to break that 160lbs mark. I am diabetic (Type 1) and am tired of feeling like crap because of it (I maybe sorta don't take care of it) and decided I needed a change. Kinda stumbled upon NF randomly, and fell in love (Did I mention I am a huge nerd?)

I work a morning job (I get up at 4:30am normally) and sit all day (I am a jr. systems admin). I saw the video that was posted in a blog awhile back, where the guy was saying something like "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe/sleep/whatever then you will succeed" and that struck a chord with me. So today I woke up at 4am instead (Yeah, it sucks I know. I have to go to bed at 8pm now XD I am probably the ONLY 19 year old that goes to bed at 8pm) and decided to do my first workout. It was all bodyweight excercises, pushups, lunges, and planks. Felt GREAT! After every excercise, and whenever I was feeling like stopping from it hurting (From lack of use from my muscles) I let out a MIGHT and quiet RAH! (Don't want to wake my parents up :) ) Never felt more alive at 4am before.

Anyways, glad to be here, and glad to start taking the first steps towards becoming a full on rebel.

Oh yeah, and as step one towards going Paleo (it will take me awhile to get there) I have decided to stop eating breakfast cereal, and instead make myself eggs or meat or non-sugared oatmeal (I know oatmeal is not Paleo, but I need to start somewhere) and just making that one change has made me feel SO MUCH BETTER!

Anyways, have to go make that breakfast and head out for work.

Peace,

and may the force be with you?

-Jason