Forums are back in action! ×

Hi.

I don't know what to write, really - turns out I'm almost as shy online as I am everywhere else. I'm a 23-year-old trainee solicitor in the UK, and I'm here because I am sick of wasting my life and want to spend the rest of it doing as much that is worthwhile and fulfilling as possible.

Currently, I work irregular hours and exercise sporadically, although I love doing it. I cycle to work (5 miles each way) but work irregular hours and don't get enough sleep. I love fruit and vegetables, but eat too many apples. I hate potatoes even more than Gollum does. I run short distances at home and do circuit training, yoga and Pilates (although I have let those last two fall by the wayside).

I've recently made some changes, very slowly - I've given up diet Coke completely (from up to six litres a day previously), I'm eating more healthily for lunch and dinner, I've increased my level of exercise and I have done a lot of reading. However, I still need to sleep more, be more effective with my exercise - I'm hoping to lift weights eventually - and totally sort out my diet, including not eating rubbish snacks all the time, getting off PPI medication, not eating foods that cause me digestive distress and replacing mindless eating with other habits that I enjoy.

It is an honour to be here and I'm looking forward to being a part of the rebellion! I have a feeling it is going to be hard, but worth it. 

Hey Zara!

Welcome to the Rebellion!

It's a hard life being a trainee solicitor so it's great that you're making the effort to get more exercise in. :D

Anyway, hello from Scotland. :) There are lots of Nerds around the UK if you want support more locally. I'm mostly interested in lifting and yoga, but I think there are runners around.

Sundae

Hi Sundae,

Thanks so much for your reply! It made me feel really welcome.

You're right about it being hard to fit exercise in, but I really notice when I don't, so it is worth it.

By the way, I'm incredibly impressed by your statistics in your signature - you could lift me over your head! (I'm short).

Anyway, thanks again.

Zara x