Forums are back in action! ×

115 Royal Burpee Challenge - You in?

Hey guys, Robzilla pointed out the 115 Royal Burpee Challenge to me the other day and I wanted to see if anyone else was interested.

-It starts today with one burpee and ends on June 4 with 115!

-Day 1 you do 1 burpee, day 2 you do 2 burpees, day 3 you do 3, etc. By day 115 you'll be doing 115 burpees in one 24-hour period!

-You don't have to do each day's burpees all at once; you can spread them out over the day if you want to.

-If you miss a day or don't do enough one day, just make them up the next day!

There's even a Facebook page.

So who's with me! I already did my one burpee for today. Post here with updates on your progress! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.

-Mary Hollinshead

Have fun, im a big fan of group challenges but I just have to say I'm really not a fan of these. it's really not the best way to train - please please please be careful and don't hurt yourselves.

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Remember to split it up at the higher numbers. At the very end the 115 is just 5 sets of 23 over the course of the day. That being said, got in my 2 for today.

it's really not the best way to train - please please please be careful and don't hurt yourselves.

What is bad about it? I'm not trying to question your statement but just asking basically what would need to modified to make a challenge of this sort a better way to train basically. Would it be longer periods before upping the counts?

yep spezzy, could you explain what you mean by "don't hurt yourselves?" i figured this would be a challenging, yet fairly safe endeavor - do you think otherwise? like detrimental to other training, over-use of certain muscles? thanks! :)

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

I'd guess the problem is the lack of rest between doing large numbers of burpees towards the end of the challenge. Most of the reason I suggested that I'd rather do 116 burpees every other day was because doing one burpee seems kind of silly, but it would also give me more recovery time between doing 100+ burpees if I do more at the beginning of the challenge than if I did the progression and had to do 114 burpees on one day and then 115 on the next.

I have done 6 burpees with pushups a minute for 10+ minutes before for metabolic training, which gets me 60+ burpees for a day, but I don't think I would want to do that every day.