Forums are back in action! ×

115 Royal Burpee Challenge - You in?

This is turning out to be a great way to accelerate the waking up process in the mornings.

Agreed. Been up to date with all of them so far.

"All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty." -Proverbs 14:23

----------------------------------------------------------

I. AM. A. BEAST!!!!!!!!!" -

so are you all doing them all in one set?

8 in for today

So far I've been doing them all in one set. You? I'm curious to see where I'll need to start breaking them up into smaller sets.

t-shirts are available! http://www.crossfitadvanced.com/burpee/

edit: ordered it too

Nice! Maybe I'll get one for myself if I complete the challenge. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.

-Mary Hollinshead

Get it, so you have to complete it. Otherwise you can't wear it ;-)

Hehe, exactly. You just have to sit there and look at it in your closet, wishing you were cool enough to wear it. :B

+++

Did my 12 for today!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.

-Mary Hollinshead

Just did my 25 for today. My shoulders were already smoked from push press and pushups. X_x

bcb702d4-1d8f-f44f.jpg

Now I'm obligated to push through till the end :-)

Lookin' good! I'm jealous.

Just found this today! I'll be joining and hitting the ground running....or burpee-ing.

Yikes! Yeah, good luck making up for the previous days. You can do it! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

-Mary Hollinshead

So, I stopped doing the burpee challenge in favor of my personal challenge, but I am thinking about catching up. Thoughts?

I see you've already decided to rock it. :)

Aargh. I'm really far behind. On Sunday I did 17, 18, & 19, but none since. I'll hit hard tonight and see how caught up I can get.

How'd you do?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

-Mary Hollinshead

Just more aargh. I did day 20 and today I did day 21 & 22. My insomniac kids are keeping me from doing my morning workouts and I am just too tired after work or after bedtime. Also burpees are REALLY hard. I have pretty good endurance and conditioning for an old guy, but these kill me. I hit my anaerobic threshhold by 10 and I'm ready to die by 20 and it takes me forever to recover. My new plan is to do them in sets of 5 mixed in with my normal conditioning work or in sets of 10 as a warm up before weight lifting.

I'm not quitting. I'll let you know when I get caught up.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Just more aargh. I did day 20 and today I did day 21 & 22. My insomniac kids are keeping me from doing my morning workouts and I am just too tired after work or after bedtime. Also burpees are REALLY hard. I have pretty good endurance and conditioning for an old guy, but these kill me. I hit my anaerobic threshhold by 10 and I'm ready to die by 20 and it takes me forever to recover. My new plan is to do them in sets of 5 mixed in with my normal conditioning work or in sets of 10 as a warm up before weight lifting.

I'm not quitting. I'll let you know when I get caught up.

Nice job sticking with me. :)

Sadly, I'm going to have to bow out. :( After finishing burpees yesterday I felt a bit of a tweak in my right shoulder but didn't think much of it. Pretty much as soon as I started them this morning, I felt the same pain, but stronger. I cut back to sets of 5 throughout the day, but after just finishing my last set the pain is definitely still there. My physical integrity is more important than my squashed pride, so no more for me. But I'll still be cheering you guys on!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

-Mary Hollinshead

My ability to do burpees has massively increased. I can now do sets of 10 with no problem and sets of 20 without wanting to curl up and die.

Today I did 150 (9 sets of 15 and 3 sets of 5) to finish up days 36, 37, 38, and 39. I am finally caught up!

How is everyone else doing?

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

And... I'm out. Halfway through today's burpees I'm listening to my knees creak and crackle and feeling them ache and I decided to stop abusing them day after day, they just don't like all the jumping. I thought my retorn rotator cuff would have been what stopped me. Mostly though, I have grown to hate burpees and it is making me dread my workout.

Keep up the good work Maegs and everyone else still working on the challenge.