Forums are back in action! ×

Master student preparing for the big world

Hi there!

I've been reading some of the NF blog posts, and have done the beginner's workout for a while, but now I've finally decided to join the forum! I'm a student writing my master thesis. That means I have a lot of freedom at the moment on how to plan in my schedule and where to work etc. Very exciting, but also a bit challenging in terms of discipline. Also, within a couple of months I will graduate and enter the big, wide world of people that work for a living. So it's time to get rid of some bad student habits, and start building healthy habits instead. 

I have a healthy body weight, and I'm quite happy with my body overall. But my portions of snacks have been getting larger and larger, so that now I will eat a pack of cookies or a bar of chocolate pretty much in one go. Not a good way to take care of one's body, that's for sure. So one of the things I'd like to be working on is sticker with smaller portions (same idea applies to watching movies and series).

I love dancing: at the moment I have one hour of modern jazz class per week, and I occasionally go to salsa. I'd like to find more ways to exercise though, so that:

- my dancing skills will improve (I need to improve everything: stamina, flexibility, strength, etc>)

- I can focus more when writing my thesis

- my body is more healthy

I would love to exercise in the morning before I leave to school. Running is not my thing, so I'm still looking for what else to do. I'm in quite an adventurous phase, so I love to try out new things. 

40 minutes ago, Captain Inertia said:

If you were looking to improve your dancing skills, I'd try yoga (for strength and flexibility), and Parkour (for strength, stamina, and balance).  Those could be some great starting points.

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Thanks for the tip!