Forums are back in action! ×

Heya! I came across this site about half a year ago, and thought it was really cool, but never really started participating. I'm going to try and change that now. I just picked up Steve's new book Level Up Your Life and am working through that. Right now I'm thinking about what I aspire to be as the max level version of myself. I guess I'll use this post to get some of that down.

For some background I'm a 19 year old college student that took a few semesters at a university for computer science. I couldn't figure out how to get myself to be as productive as I needed to be, or very productive at all for that matter, despite going through academic coaching and some personal counseling. So now I'm taking a couple classes at a community college back home and am falling into the same boat, and I realize that this cycle isn't going to get any better unless I make some changes. Turns out I've got some mild depression which I guess contributes to me being more prone to distractions and makes it hard to concentrate sometimes, and that's when I even do get around to working on schoolwork. 

As for epic quests, I've got at least a couple in mind:

1) Work myself up to a place where I can be routinely productive in order to meet the needs of school. 

- How do I manage my depression instead of it managing me?

- Start establishing habits so I can work myself back into a routine

2) Figure out my dream career, or at least something I can be passionate about

-Started using Career Cruising today, so work on researching the fields I'm interested in

So yeah, hopefully I'll be able to figure something out soon enough to salvage my current classes and then continue onward.

I look forward to being a part of this awesome community and I can't wait to get involved!

• Like 1

Good luck.

Recently I have become a big fan of someone who makes youtube videos that I am learning a lot from. One of the things he says that I found to be incredibly true is something like "In life you are always doing one of two things, figuring out what you want to do or doing it and figuring out what you want to do is the hard part, because once you have that, you just do it"

It seems to me that you have a lot of figuring out to do! One of the best ways is just to try lots of stuff that you think might be interesting to you and get the feedback from that. Experience is the only way to know! Good luck!

• Like 1

Welcome! Fellow n00b here feeling some major kinship with you right now! I'm in my first year of a very demanding career that ive recently admitted is definitely not right for me. I'm looking to escape, but no idea in what direction yet, so I have some idea of how you might be feeling. I also have a tendency towards the black beastie (in my case mild depression and work related stress).

The first step is the hardest so well done for taking it. :) Good luck on leveling up. 

• Like 1