Forums are back in action! ×

Walking dead

I'm just going to assume that anyone who wants to read this thread is ready for spoilers...

I'm not very happy with what they did with Lori. She wouldn't have left Carl behind with Rick being gone as well. It's just stupid.

And as for the Bar scene, I totally wasn't expecting that to happen. I was expecting a calm talk/conversation and then a possible deal. Not a gun fight, even though it was awesome! I kind of wonder if they're going to make the rest of this season very action packed compared to the first half of the season. It seems like it from the promos they've been showing.

If anyone also watches talking dead they talked about it on there. They said that there will be more zombies this season...

Im hoping for a heard of zombies to show up at the farm house!

Also I heard that the walking dead in terms of the name of the show is actually referring to the characters. They are dead men walking, not the zombies.

I was not surprised about Rick's actions in the bar. I was definitely impressed by his reflexes! When the dudes walked in I felt like something wasn't right...and when the dude whizzed on the dloor I for sure KNEW it wasn't going to end well.

As far as Lori, wtf dude. What was the point of her going after Rick? He was already doing what he could. And agreed that she wouldn't have just ledt Carl. That whole situation was very contrived.

I also liked seeing the other side of Shane when Carol came out of the woods. I still think something bad is going to happen re: him, but that scene helped me feel like there might be some kind of hope for him.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I hope they stick to the story line in the book with Shane. Not going to give away the story, but if anyone has read the book they know what I'm talking about.

I think the CDC Doc might have said something about Lori possibly being pregnant, or the mystery involved with the comic book about the Zombies.

I don't understand why the writers would put Lori in the car crash just to have her walk away practically unscathed? It's like they needed extra drama to fill the time or something, but it definitely didn't add anything to the storyline, except Shane lied to her to get her back to the house.

She's definitely manipulating things in a dark way right now...I don't believe I can blame this behavior on crazy pregnant lady syndrome, like I tried to do with her rash decision to follow Rick last week.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

I don't know...Rick seems like the kind of guy who would put up with an awful lot, and I don't think it would have come to blows (or shots) unless Shane directly threatened Lori and Carl.

Lori is actually creating that crisis, instead of giving it time to develop on it's own.

I think without lori's direct manipulation of Rick, Rick would have probably suggested that Shane leave, but not actually try to hurt or kill him unless it was necessary.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

I don't think the decision would have been Rick's to make. I think Shane would have forced the issue. He's been getting more and more fed up with Herchel and Rick's leadership and I think Shane is about ready to blow a few of his remaining fuses.

It's not going to take much for for Shane to be able to justify in his head that Rick and or Herchel need to die and since there aren't a whole lot of ideas bouncing around in that head it won't take long for him to act on them. The way Shane has acting has also been driving a wedge between him and everybody else.

I'm pretty sure Shane is supposed to die this season. From everything they've been leading up to, Rick will probably have to kill Shane in self defense or something in the season finale. Other than that, I really loved all the revelations in this past episode!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle" - Plato

Lori is actually creating that crisis, instead of giving it time to develop on it's own.

Thank you. I think this is, exactly. No Lori = Shane + Rick resuming their role as partners and an incredibly strong group. A big part of the problem is that they made Lori very different from the comics. If you recall from Episode 1, the first view of Rick and Lori's marriage was that it was in trouble. So we're left to feel that Lori jumped into Shane's arms at first chance once they left Rick in the hospital.

Hightlight for Spoilers

In the comics, Shane is killed by Carl after Shane threatens Rick.

I have to say, I like the Shane characterization on the TV show. He's very strong and fleshed out here - I'd rather have Carl shoot Lori!.

Ok, over.

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

Thank you. I think this is, exactly. No Lori = Shane + Rick resuming their role as partners and an incredibly strong group. A big part of the problem is that they made Lori very different from the comics. If you recall from Episode 1, the first view of Rick and Lori's marriage was that it was in trouble. So we're left to feel that Lori jumped into Shane's arms at first chance once they left Rick in the hospital.

Ok, over.

I deleted your spoiler in case it didn't whiteout in the quote box. But, while I think that Shane and Rick would be a great team, it wouldn't lead to tv drama. I'm curious where the 2nd season will go...hopefully away from the farm. I'm getting bored with the little to no zombie threat there.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle" - Plato

^ Agreed, One of the main reasons why I love this series is the simple fact that there are ZOMBIES!

Although without Lori, the 2 would possibly resume as the Partners, the world turning for the worse has had an effect on Shane in the sense that he'll do whatever it takes to survive, Zombie, Human, if you were against him, you were an obstacle, it didn't matter. I think that this would've cause him and Rick to oppose one another in the end, Lori, sorta accelerated this eventual wedge, because he sees her as his property, and Rick was against that, in Shane's eyes.

I wonder what decisions you guys would've made along the way, were you were placed in their situations. Would you be more like Rick, calm and collected, which seems to start looking like 'Keeping everyone happy' which isn't the best. Or more like Shane, a survival above all state of mind, 'the ends outweigh the means'?

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

The confrontation between Rick and Shane pretty much ended exactly how I thought it would. I am hoping the Rick is going to stop acting so conflicted all the time and be more confident in himself. Ever since the barn his confidence has been shaky at best which is kinda of annoying with all the other massive character flaws being revealed all at once. Lori is driving me crazy, as is Andrea. I can't stand to have scenes with them arguing since they are both just being completely shady throughout this whole stint at the farm.

I didn't like the way Andrea handled the Suicide girl, sure it got the results, but so would've a nice slap across her face. I see that Shane is going to accept his defeat and slink away and start recruiting for the Civil War in the group. Andrea's going to be the first on his side since she doesn't like Lori, and because she agrees with Shane in almost every decision he's made. Rick is currently at a cross-roads, in terms of his morality. Now we know his position on whether or not the Zombies are still people, the next question is "How far will he go to protect what's his?" Should be interesting!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."