Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Dude it was about freaking time!! Holy cow!!!!

Okay so do you think it's some kind of gene that predisposes you to becoming a zombie after you die without being bitten, or do you think it's something they picked up at the public works place?

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

What an awesome episode.

I have no idea about why they are turning into zombies without being bitten, but in the first season the scientist at the CDC (Jenner?) whispered something to Rick. I bet we find out what that was, and very soon.

Part of my wonders if Shane was not maybe scratched when he was at the school (when he killed Otis). When he came back and shaved his head I thought the camera did a close up of a scratch or something. So maybe that is why he turned? It doesn't explain the kid that he killed though. I do remember Rick commenting that the 2 security guard zombies at the public works place a few weeks ago did not have any bites or scratches on them either.

I just borrowed the Compendium of the first 48 comics from one of my friends so I think I am going to read that. After the finale next week, I am going to go crazy waiting for Season 3.

Dwarf Ranger STR 3 // DEX 2 // STA 2 // CON 4 // WIS 2 // CHA 2"It's Simple, so says the Captain;Face Forward,Move Slow,Forge Ahead.Onward! Onward! Onward!"

I haven't read the comics yet, but my friend has and told me a bunch of stuff in the them, so I'm going to keep my mouth shut about the "HOW DID THEY TURN INTO ZOMBIES!?" issues until it comes out on the show, haha.

Totally thinking of actually going out and getting the comics to read from him now, though, while waiting for Season 3 (sob ;-; why must we wait so long?).

But seriously cannot wait for next week's episode - I always love the ones involving herds of zombies.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

- Philipians 4:13

AWESOME TEAM OF FLYING MONGOOSES!

Jump Rope Challenge: 800

I would definitely think all this has something to do with what the guy at the CDC whispered to Rick.

And.... *****************SPOILER***********************

I am SOOOO freaking happy that Shane is dead. I don't think I have ever hated a character as much as I hated him. Though he was a big influence in most of the conflict on the show, so I am interested to see where it goes without him there.

"resistance is futile."

Re: Shane...

I feel so bad for Rick...that must have been hard for him. I mean that dude was his best friend and his partner. But it's definitely a different Rick than before they went to the bar to get Hershel.

OH zombies...I <3 zombies...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Right...and they were all just walking around in the woods...and the only zombie was the Randall kid. Sometimes the writing does seem a bit contrived....still, overall I'm really enjoying the show..and all the gore...mmmm zombie killing...mmmm....

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

*dons Nerd Glasses* according to popular belief, so long as zombie blood enters the system, Zombification can occur. My guess was that that knife, Rick stabbed Shane with, was the same knife he used to stab zombies with, so the blood on that thing inside Shane caused him to turn. Which makes me think that this is what Shane did to the Randall kid, because he had no bite marks on him either, but I'm assuming that he didn't notice the stab marks (if any).

Zombies can sling by undetected if they're not screaming and/or moaning, which they do when they see prey. It's instinctive to the Zombie, so when they here sound, they moan and groan naturally, but when they don't they just hobble as silently as any other person.

I'm proud to have received the "How to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse" Book, for my birthday some time ago, and I've been into zombies ever since ^_^

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Red - How does that explain the two at the public works place, though?

the 2 at the public works place? Please refresh my memory ^_^;; I don't remember.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

the 2 at the public works place? Please refresh my memory ^_^;; I don't remember.

They had no marks on them at all, but were still zombies. I think it was from 18 Miles Out.

(On another note, it's very fun watching people speculate stuff instead of being a cheater like me and finding out info from the comics, haha.)

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

- Philipians 4:13

AWESOME TEAM OF FLYING MONGOOSES!

Jump Rope Challenge: 800

They had no marks on them at all, but were still zombies. I think it was from 18 Miles Out.

(On another note, it's very fun watching people speculate stuff instead of being a cheater like me and finding out info from the comics, haha.)

I just started reading the comics so I will know soon enough haha. The suspense is killing me!

Dwarf Ranger STR 3 // DEX 2 // STA 2 // CON 4 // WIS 2 // CHA 2"It's Simple, so says the Captain;Face Forward,Move Slow,Forge Ahead.Onward! Onward! Onward!"

*dons Nerd Glasses* according to popular belief, so long as zombie blood enters the system, Zombification can occur. My guess was that that knife, Rick stabbed Shane with, was the same knife he used to stab zombies with, so the blood on that thing inside Shane caused him to turn.

It's also the same knife Rick used to cut himself at the public works to attract the zombies before he killed them and presumably he had cut other zombies with the same knife prior. So if there was zombiness on the blade Rick would have got the fever and turned.

It's good to know that the mystery behind people turned without being bitten has been seen by others and will eventually be solved. I was beginning to think I missed something that explained it all. But my confusion is normal.

"I lift heavy things. Sometimes these things are people."

It's also the same knife Rick used to cut himself at the public works to attract the zombies before he killed them and presumably he had cut other zombies with the same knife prior. So if there was zombiness on the blade Rick would have got the fever and turned.

It's good to know that the mystery behind people turned without being bitten has been seen by others and will eventually be solved. I was beginning to think I missed something that explained it all. But my confusion is normal.

Yeah, and Shane broke Randall's neck to kill him, so I am not sure how the other theories fit in with that one.

I have been hearing other theories when talking to others, such as, everyone already has the virus and when they die the virus is activated as long as there is not brain damage. They say that the zombie bite is actually 100% fatal. Interesting theory, but I do not buy the whole "everyone is already infected" thing.

My sister suggested that some people may be "carriers" - that is, some people may be predisposed to the "virus" or whatever it is after they die. Personally, though, I think it's something from the public works place.

And there was an entire herd of zombies! How do you miss a zombie herd? Even if they weren't moaning and carrying on, they still would have been making noise - snapping twigs or rustling leaves for example.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I try not to ruin the ending for myself, although I know who the next bad guy will be ^_^;;

Heh, I guess that throws my theory out the window... I wonder if they've decided to modify the classic Zombie Virus, if so, then we won't know it's potency until it's been revealed to us.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Guest Snake McClain

*****************SPOILER***********************

Okay i'm just going to do that^ for anyone who hasnt seen the show and doesn't want to be surprised. that said I have just read over this thread and have a few things to discuss.

1) Lori makes no sense chasing after rick and i agree it added nothing to the story except for shane lying to lori...but even then we know he is (was) a liar so it doesn't matter anyway. stupid.

2) Bar scene was INCREDIBLE! perfectly timed. the tension built perfectly. nothing could have been done better there. And it is completely in rick's character to smoke a mo fo for being a douch. In the first episode in the opening scene we see him kill bad guys. this is not unsuaual. I liked especially the look on his face when fatso (thats all i know him as) is basically talking about raping the women. I think that was the key when he was like "alright this isn't going to work" in his mind. good stuff.

3) 3/11/12 episode was FANTASTIC! loved the ending. and I got the feeling the zombies were maybe not that close but the zombies heard the shot and shambled towards them. its reasonable. and with all the other commotion going on they may not have been listening for zombie herds in the distance. I think next weeks episode is going to be absolutely great and i love in the trailer for next weeks episode herschel and darryl discussing "taking them all on".

4) Darryl is my favorite character hands down. he is just hardcore in every way and he is the truest definition of not giving a f***. Also the fact that he is EXACTLY the type of guy you would need on your side in a situation like this. A guy who will just kill any threat flat out. Not without thinking necessarily but because it needs to be done and he acts. Good guy. I just can't see why he is still following rick besides he respects the guy.

5) I think it's important for us to realize the show is going to be drastically different than the comic and we should really just stop comparing the two. the writers/producers have already said they aren't going the same route exactly so lets just forget the comic exists. we will all be disappointed if we try to compare the two and don't get what we want. Enjoy the ride.

Okay i have a question now...

Why did Darryl suddenly become a team player again? Did I miss something?

Also i think that the show has established the zombie infection is not a virus. or it is a virus and death. no one thing will cause it. it is both?

obviously shane didn't contract a virus. he was just dead. so maybe its an evolution type thing where the dead rise because of whatever, and then the zombies carry a virus that spreads. so it is both then?

i doubt we will ever hear the secret of the cdc. I just don't see it coming this episode. unless somehow rick just drops it on everyone during the final fight at the farm?

Here's hoping for some awesome crossbow action by Darryl. I wish I were half as tough as that guy.

I think Darryl does give a f*** and was as hurt by Sophia's death as anyone in the group, since he spent so much time looking for her. I think he's really started to care for Carol. Sophia's death and zombification probably caused him to withdraw. What made him come back....I'm not so sure.

But yeah...he's a complete badass. And that's kind of hot.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8