Forums are back in action! ×

Walking dead

I do believe they already have an actor to play the Gov. for the life of me, I cannot recall, but I do remember reading an article about it.

So here's a question for you guys: Would you guys have withheld the info that we're all carrying the Zombie Virus from everyone?

I think I would or try to find a way to break it to everyone easy, last thing you need is everyone pointing a gun at each other scared the other is a Zombie.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Michonne is a pretty great character in general and I was wondering if they were going to alter her for the show. I'm glad they didn't. I'm really curious why the characters (in the comic and the show) haven't always used zombie stink as a go to method to keep zombies away. it seems pretty simple to me. But they probably just don't want to smell bad.

I'm glad we finally got an answer on the secret of the zombie "virus" or whatever it is (obviously not a virus if every person on earth suddenly just has it). Glad to see that it's still "mysterious" but with the knowledge that if you die you're a zombie so eat a bullet.

The governor...yeah I've got a theory on who that is going to be (and if you've ever read the comic it will make even more sense) but i hope no one chimes in and gives it away to the less knoweldgable nerd fitters because it would be a great surprise to see i think.

Casting announcement killed that theory. :\

I think everyone needs to step off Rick's balls. The guy is bad ass and protects the group. With the way everyone has been freaking out for stupid reasons it was a good idea to keep the secret from them. Plus the fact that he didn't even know it was true till Shane turned.

I am excited about the introduction to Michonne. What a badass way to bring her character into the show.

I hope the show fallows the comic and Lori doesn't make it to season 4. She is just pissing me off. haha

Transformassacre Challenge

Current Goal: Weigh in at 200lbs or lower by May 2nd

Current Specs: 205lbs, ?? body fat (April 12th 2012)

Long term Goal:

-Meet a body fat percentage of 10% or lower by Sept 1st

-Be able to finish

Tough Mudder on Sept 8th

So excited to see this thread! Haha.

Lori really pisses me off. I can't wait until they off her. The only thing that annoys me more is CARL! Gah! & if they follow the comic I know that the little turd lives. >.<

As for keeping the secret that they're all infected... I think it's wrong. Had they found out through some other circumstance like, say, Maggie did end up killing herself and then turned and suddenly everyone in the house was in danger? I'm sorry, but that's too big of a risk to take to not tell them.

Fitocracy! | Running Trainer | Facebook | Twitter | Current Challenge Blog!

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

So excited to see this thread! Haha.

Lori really pisses me off. I can't wait until they off her. The only thing that annoys me more is CARL! Gah! & if they follow the comic I know that the little turd lives. >.<

As for keeping the secret that they're all infected... I think it's wrong. Had they found out through some other circumstance like, say, Maggie did end up killing herself and then turned and suddenly everyone in the house was in danger? I'm sorry, but that's too big of a risk to take to not tell them.

Yes, but if they follow the comic he's going to go through a worse hell than any of the other characters.

Guest Snake McClain
So here's a question for you guys: Would you guys have withheld the info that we're all carrying the Zombie Virus from everyone?

I would have said, "Okay guys this is what the crazy scientist told me. It may or may not be true, but" (then gone on and finished the story).

I don't see how that is a bad plan.

Also i'm very sad to see that my theory on merl beign the governor is wrong. eff! could it be possible that maybe merl just ends up in the hands of the governor thus causing what i know to happen later down the road to someone but don't want to ruin for those that don't know?

Just started reading the comics (I'm up to #17 in the Prison Arc) and wow, didn't realize just how heavily they veer from them. At first I was nervous about going further int he comics and being spoiled for season 3, but now I don't mind at all.

But as for the cast for season 3... why is Ed Peletier in there? Didn't he get his head bashed in with a pickax? ..multiple times? ...by an extremely pissed off Carol?

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

- Philipians 4:13

AWESOME TEAM OF FLYING MONGOOSES!

Jump Rope Challenge: 800

Just finished watching up to snuff last night! I have to say... wowwwwwwwwwww

My problem with the show as of now though:

I was so hoping they'd be out of expendable peeps to kill. With the prison though, guaranteed they find some meat to toss to the zombies >.< It's just so painful knowing that most of the characters pretty much can't die (well until a point. Lori, I'm lookin right atcha)

That being said... so awesome. so very awesome. I'm leaning towards Merl being involved with the governor and either totally fucking everyone over or turning into a martyr...

Also, for the but what about the baby? Remember how it was explained that the zombies were essentially animals? Only the spinal cord is still active, meaning that you need to be alive long enough for those instincts to exist in the first place. No baby in utero, infected or not, is gonna have a clue about survival. Aborted babeh would have the crazy zombie eyes and that's about it.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Also, for the but what about the baby? Remember how it was explained that the zombies were essentially animals? Only the spinal cord is still active, meaning that you need to be alive long enough for those instincts to exist in the first place. No baby in utero, infected or not, is gonna have a clue about survival. Aborted babeh would have the crazy zombie eyes and that's about it.

Gotcha...makes sense.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

One more post to say... I thought I recognized Darryl from somewhere else! BOONDOCK SAINTS!!!!1!11!!

He is officially twice as awesome as I originally believed.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Guest Snake McClain
One more post to say... I thought I recognized Darryl from somewhere else! BOONDOCK SAINTS!!!!1!11!!

He is officially twice as awesome as I originally believed.

you seriously just realized this? i knew it was him in the first episode. lol. also he looks like a wrestler named Fergal Devitt and it cracks me up.

Guest Snake McClain
Norman Reedus is half the reason I love this show. Just sayin'.

my opinion he's the best character on the show. he has more depth and realism than anyone else from what i can see. he's a hardcore mother with a heart. and truth his his balls out attitude is EXACTLY what you would need on a team to survive. he's effecient, capable, skilled...smart considering. pretty great character. i wish i were half the man he is (as said before)

Speaking of lack of screentime... I hope T-Dog gets more soon. I'd love to see his backstory, and I think if given a chance to be fleshed out, his character could be great. And I really don't want to see him as zombie food just because he doesn't get much screentime. :(

... or I could just be mentally transferring Tyreese onto T-Dog and am being disappointed by the lack of comparison.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

- Philipians 4:13

AWESOME TEAM OF FLYING MONGOOSES!

Jump Rope Challenge: 800

I would have said, "Okay guys this is what the crazy scientist told me. It may or may not be true, but" (then gone on and finished the story).

I don't see how that is a bad plan.

So you'd run the risk that EVERYONE in your party (as unstable and crazy as they are) will be pointing guns and knives at each other in fear that each of them is a Zombie?

I have to say, were I Rick, I'd slap Lori, she practically told him to kill Shane and is 'shocked' that he did?! SLAP! The Boy Carl too SLAP! Disobey my orders, will you?

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."