Forums are back in action! ×

New HIGHS!!!!!

Been going Paleo last week and I have to tell you I feel better than ever! I have tried to ditch grains, sugar and processed foods as much as possible and ate a lot of meats, veggies along with healthy doses of fruits and nuts when I got the munchies ( way too many vending machines at my job ). Feels good to eat a simple salad and a protein while I watch my coworkers chown down on burritos and grilled cheese sandwiches. Taking my cardio outside and on weekends going on long power walks with my other half ( she walks, I jog around her and vault the low fence posts on the horse trail over and over while she catches up ).I couldnt do this without reading the very helpful advice and inspiration on this site. I am slowly climbing back in the driver's seat of my own life and cant wait to be back to "normal". Btw, did some nice deep dips today at the gym while listening to an awesome podcast on the history of astronomy...how frickin nerdy is that?! I will be getting back into the groove of things such as yoga and kung fu as soon as the chest muscles heal up.

Awesome! I have been slowly introducing primal into my life and I love it. Actually found myself wishing the foods I'm eating had more calories!

Do you have any specific goals? I love running, although I have temporarily given up cardio in favor of weights.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

My primary goals is of course to lose fat and perhaps gain a little more muscle and get all my strength back from my post surgery hiatus. I used to do triathalons back in the day and wouldnt mind taking a crack at them. No matter what my goals, I want to be healthy and in as good a shape as I can possibly get. Its great that you are lifting a lot but please keep cardio close. Take it from me, the heart is a muscle too and it cant be ignored

Oh absolutely...running is my first love :) But I really want to focus on strength right now, and between work and school there are only so many hours in a day. My next running goal is to do a half marathon. I've tried training for one for the last 2 summers, but I just don't have the time to run 6, 7, 8, 9 miles. Hoping to graduate in December so maybe next year!

Oh also astronomy is awesome. I took astronomy for my science credit at school and it was fascinating. Not sure I could work out to an astronomy podcast though :P

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8