Forums are back in action! ×

Hong Kong Phooey Wantabe

Hello Everyone,

I have been trolling (but not in a creepy way) around the forums for a couple of day so here is my official introduction.  I’m a 47 years old, 6’ 5”, father of 3 daughters all in college (please say a pray for my wallet), lover of all things D&D/video games, full time accountant and part time game developer.  I was topping the scale at 300 lbs. and a health scare finally woke me up.  I was able to drop 75 lbs. but cutting out soda, beer (very hard to do), sugar, and working my butt off at the gym.  That was 2 years ago.  Since then I have put back on 30 lbs. (beer is the culprit) and I am completely out of shape.

Being a fan of the old cheesy Kung-Fu action theater movies, I decided 5 months ago that I was going to finally get off of my rear end to get healthy again by taking martial arts and committing to earning my black belt.  I chose Taekwondo due to the proximity to my house and the Master includes Jeet Kune Do into his curriculum.  At the end of each class I lie in a pool of sweat, gasping for breath, flopping around like a flounder out of water.  I can tell that I am getting stronger but my stamina and speed, well…they basically suck.  I am hoping that NF will help me get organized so I can build my stamina, eat healthy and lose weight, and achieve my goal of becoming as great as Hong Kong Phooey (cartoon from the 70’s for the younger generations). 

Enough about me, I look forward to meeting everyone and getting starting on the right track.

Human Monk

||  STR: 0  ||  DEX: 0  ||  STA: 0  ||  CON: 0  ||  WIS: 0  ||  CHA: 0  ||

Character Page

May Challenge #1 - 2016

I loved Hong Kong Phoeey when I was a kid! Congrats on the weight loss, even if you gained some back, you still had a win. Welcome!

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27