Forums are back in action! ×

Hello,

This is my first blog....ever. I am 51 and looking to loose some weight and gain muscle mass. My weight gain is recent (over the last 8 years) since I moved from floor nursing to teaching. Any ideas on the best foods to eat late at night? I travel 42 weeks a year and I often teach over the lunch time so by the time 7:00pm comes around I am starving and most likely eat too many calories. I have not been able to complete a full newbie workout yet but getting closer. I can't do a full push up but I can do a few knee push ups. This seemed like a supportive place and I am hoping to return the favor once I understand this blogging thing better. I read 3-4 books a week due to my airport and flying time and I am old enough to remember when Star Wars came out in 1977...as a freshman in high school. Thank you for your time. 

P.S. What is a Tag?

When you can, get something that's mostly protein for those "OMG FOOD" moments.  Eggs, protein bars, meat, whatever.  That'll give your stomach something to work on, feed any muscle development your body has been motivated to do by exercise, and won't impact your blood sugar levels the way carbs will (or even as much as fat does, which is itself minimal compared to carbs).

Tags are how we mark what topics a post is relevant to, so that others can easily find posts that touch on their areas of interest or expertise.  If you start typing (slowly) they will autocomplete...just make up what seems logical.  For example, I'd have tagged this post "beginner, diet, travel".

"What's the goal here?  What's the lesson here?  What's the best use of my time right now?" <-- Rory Miller's "three sacred questions"

"Lacking in humility?  Don't worry, the bar will give you some." <-- Me.

HedgeMage, Orc Ranger

Battle Log | IRL Info

Hi there and welcome! I am 50 years old, always enjoy seeing other gals my age interested in fitness. There are several of us who are old enough to remember when Star Wars first came out in the theater,  we post in the thread, Chronoloigcally Blessed in the Pub/ Off topic section

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27