Forums are back in action! ×

Taking Charge of my Life

Hello.. Just joined up today and figured I should make an intro post. So here goes..

I'm a 24 year old female. There's been a lot of stress going on in my life lately and, as a result, I've been eating more and moving around less lol. I've gained almost 30lbs in the past 3 months. I was never really happy with how my body looked to begin with and now I hate it. There's not much about the stressful things going on in my life that I can change right now, but I can begin work on making myself be happy with my body. I'm not really setting weight loss as a goal, however. Technically, I'm in the general range of weight that I need to be in. The weight is just all fat and all in my stomach and thighs. My overall goal is to convert some of the fat over to muscle so it may or may not result in actual weight loss.

I also want to start eating healthier. I need to stop consuming so much chocolate and start eating more fruit and vegetables. I also need to try to find healthy ways to eat on the cheap. My husband and I got married in October, wiping out our savings account. I lost my job in December. The week before I lost my job my husband had to go out on medical leave for a month because he injured his back. I actually just FINALLY got a job offer last week.. for a part time minimum wage job (working for the library which I'm super excited about, but it isn't exactly a supportable income). So everything I do right now revolves around how much it costs.

A little bit about me outside of that... I love reading and playing video games. I've been slowly, but steadily, working my way through the Dragonriders of Pern series.. I'm stalled at book 13 out of 25 due to schoolwork. I read a lot of sci-fi/fantasy books. I also love reading history books covering a variety of topics. Primary focus is usually on the Holocaust and other genocides. I do have several books on Japan and China that I haven't gotten to yet. As for video games.. I'm currently on break from Star Ocean: The Last Hope. I'm almost at my 10 year anniversary on Runescape, though I don't play it very much anymore. I just joined the ninja-rpg 6 days ago and started checking out Ninelives today. My favorite game of all time is, hands down, Okami for the PS2. I just played Journey recently too and loved that as well. My husband and I collectively own a PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and Xbox 1. I occasionally watch anime and I love renovation/house hunter shows.

I'm interested in running and learning aikido as well as bojutsu or shinkendo. I've never done any of these things though so who knows if I'll actually enjoy them.

Hope I didn't ramble too much.. but I've been in short supply of people to talk to for a while now and would love to make some friends.

Welcome @MooseFly congratulations on getting married and on the job offer, I hope that works out well for you. 

I feel eel you on the chocolate over fruit issue. I have the same battle daily. Largely because I ate little but chocolate & fast food in my late teens and weighed in at around 126lbs at 5'9" tall (drastically under weight). I'm currently at 167lbs and not too fussed about losing weight. But would like to shift some of the fat around my waist,  

I'm still rather new here and trying to find my way around. But feel free to drop me a message if you ever want to chat or vent. 

Thanks @Steaky

I was the same in high school. I weighed about 120 lbs at 5'8". I could eat whatever I wanted and never gain a pound. Granted, I also had an overactive thyroid so my metabolism was working too well. Now I have the opposite problem. My thyroid produces too little so my metabolism sucks. And of course, my eating habits didn't change any when that happened.

Feel free to drop me a message whenever as well. :)