Forums are back in action! ×

Doomsday preppers?

Funny thing about that whole head out of town because of a hurricane. Last year Irene hit, I had headed to Richmond to be away from the storm to my parents house. Richmond got HAMMERED by the storm and where I live didn't even have any flooding beyond a normal above average high tide. Shoulda stayed.

This happened to us when Lily hit. I was pregnant and Hubby's mom BEGGED him to get me and our (then) two kids out of Baton Rouge because Lily was predicted to hit there, so we drove 4 hours north to her house.

Lily skipped BR, and hit her city full on. No power for three days in an all electric house with two kids and a pregnant (nauseous) me. Crazy!

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Guest Gemeaux

I have my first aid certificate if that counts ?Since I work in a Kindy I know how to make craft and could make useful things out of anything . Ha ha !

I think while having guns are useful , it is knowing the small and simple things that can really come in handy . Like knowing how to tie knots , know the stars and where East , West is etc .

My dad has dozens of survival books so I have read them since I was little .

Though we would be screwed since we live in Australia and we are basically one big Island cut off from the rest of the world .

I live in Southern California. As soon as I get home from this deployment, Lady Quickdraw and I are investing in some extremely thorough GOOD bags for the cars and the apartment.

"|Improvise, adapt, overcome. "

Level 3 Wood Elf Ranger  | STR11DEX5STA6CON3WIS2CHA3 ]

[ Dragons to slay:|250+ PFT 290+ CFT GORUCK Spartan 13.1 290+ PFT 20 +35# Pullups ]

[ Challenges: 1 2 Current ||RPG Fanatics Goblin Ganker ]

Though we would be screwed since we live in Australia and we are basically one big Island cut off from the rest of the world .

Or maybe you'll just be safe from the Z-virus along with Madagascar. :P

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Can zombies swim ?

Have you ever seen them swim in a movie? I haven't. Actually that is what my Evolution prof said last semester, he plan was to steal a Disney Cruise lines ship and take it out to sea. Why Disney Cruise lines? because you might as well have fun while the Zombie Apocalypse is going on. She was one of those odd professors, like most are.

If you are concerned, or want to become concerned..checkout "Doomsday Bunkers". Not sure which channel it was on. $400K will get you an 1100 square foot underground bunker with space to store food for 4 people for 6 months. You provide the food and land. They really need to find MORE people with really wide eyes to be on this show...

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

First, i would take a nice sail boat since I know how to sail and can rig anything without a motor no problemo...cruise ship is all fine and dandy but what happens if some of the folks have gotten the virus...as for australia, I remember reading "on the beach" and thinking I would much rather live there than here and get hit with all the fall out so quickly! Plus, if the aborigines could live in the bush for centuries so could you on the wild forage.

I have actually been wild foraging a lot lately. Chickweed, sheep sorrel, marsh marigold, hairy bitter cress...so nutritious for you and if you know WHERE to find wild foods and how to cook them, this really will help when your canned spaggettios run out...also, you can plant a garden and some starving neighbors could pick it clean in the night, but if you know the secret morel hidding place...food hidden in plain sight is always better...knowing basic wild medicinals is also key to long term survival and health....

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

If you are concerned, or want to become concerned..checkout "Doomsday Bunkers". Not sure which channel it was on. $400K will get you an 1100 square foot underground bunker with space to store food for 4 people for 6 months. You provide the food and land. They really need to find MORE people with really wide eyes to be on this show...

Those guys suck at life. If you want a legit bunker at a lower cost go here. Yes I have thought of it.

http://utahsheltersystems.com/