Forums are back in action! ×

Hey Everyone!!

I'm Amanda, wife and busy mom of four kids, ages 10, 7, 4 and 3. Long story short, I'm turning 30 this year in December, and decided there's no way in hell am I going to be fat for my 30th!! We're also going to Disney World in September and after going last year and feeling uncomfortable in my bathing suit, it's my goal this year to feel hot and confident! Not just 'looking good for a mom of four', looking good. Period.

Short story long.... I've always been pretty thin. Had no problems losing weight after all 4 of my kids. My hubby and I went to Mexico almost 2 years ago and we went on a ziplining tour, the hot tour guides were telling my hubby that he was a lucky guy when I wasn't paying attention LOL. Then after that trip it all went downhill from there. And I want that feeling back. When we went on our trip I had finished two rounds of the 30 Day Shred, had some pretty good muscle definition and was 140 lbs. (I'm 5'8.5) After the trip I got lazy, stopped working out, started eating super unhealthy, and am now sitting at 168 lbs. I stopped caring about how I looked, and shut off the feelings of how I felt. And I'm finally in a good place mentally, and am ready to start caring again. I want to get myself back, it feels like somewhere along the way (like many mothers do), I lost myself. I honestly can't even answer the question of who I am, or what I like to do. My kids and husband completely took over my sense of self, and when I define myself, it's always "wife and mother". I want to get something back again that's just mine.

I started a couple weeks ago at 177 lbs, switched to about an 80% paleo diet, and am now ready to really get serious about it and start getting some major muscle back. I found this site from a link another mom posted on a different mom forum, was looking through the Free Resources page and found Staci's story. End of story, I got hooked. I want that. And one day hopefully sooner than later I WILL look like that too and be bragging to my friends about how much I dead-lifted that day. :smug:

For now, I don't have a sitter, and we don't have any exercise equipment at home other than a pull-up bar and a couple 5 lbs. hand weights. So I'm starting with the beginner bodyweight routine and just trying to move/walk/jog/whatever I can fit in on the off days. Trying to get my paleo up closer to 100%, and just learning as much as I can off this site to figure out the best way to drop weight but build muscle.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Sweat is Fat Crying."

*My Intro*

*My 6 week Challenge*

My bday is the 8th. :) Turning 30 isn't bothering me too much, but being fat and feeling like I'm just not living the best life I can live while I turn 30 isn't too appealing. Even though I was ridiculously sore I managed to do a light version of the BBW again yesterday and am feeling much better today. Still sore, but at least I can get down the stairs without my legs shaking! LOL Definitely kicks your butt though!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Sweat is Fat Crying."

*My Intro*

*My 6 week Challenge*