Forums are back in action! ×

I stumbled across this site literally minutes ago and I'm so excited! This is exactly the kind of thing I've been looking for.

I've been following a Paleo diet since October 2011 and I've lost 30 pounds since then. Now I figure I had better add in some exercise to lose the next 25!

About me. I work at a desk job all day, then spend my evenings/weekends cleaning up after my kids (2 and 5). When I do get time to myself, I like to read (I'm an editor, so I'm particularly good at this), watch tv (shows like Castle, Chuck, Arrested Development, Walking Dead...), and I dabble in singing and painting.

I'm currently 180 lbs (starting weight of 215), aiming for 155 or so. I'm more concerned about increasing my health and strength than getting a perfect body. I actually want to have a strong, muscled frame rather than a petite lady frame. I'm not a tiny woman (I'm 5'9), so I think that's realistic.

Some other fitness goals:

-learn archery

-take up adventure hiking/camping

-be able to do 100 pushups

-generally, just be fearless about physical activity

So, here is where it begins. Thanks in advance for supporting me through this! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Your new nerdy fitness friend,

girlysogroovy

Thanks for the welcomes!

I haven't quite figured out my workouts yet. I see that there's a new challenge starting next week, so I think I'll make some goals based on the beginner body weight routine. I've also been eyeing the book "You Are Your Own Gym" - I might try to pick that up this weekend and be inspired.

As for eating, I've been strict Paleo for a while now, going unweighed unmeasured. I do eat a lot of calories! But you're right, I'll definitely keep a closer eye on my food and try to add in some more protein, especially.