Forums are back in action! ×

so i hurd u liek deadlifts?

Guest guest4729

Guest guest4729

GUYS! GUYS GUYS GUYS! I DEADLIFTED!

I have no clue why I wanted to do this one so bad, BUT I FINALLY DID IT. I had some friends show me how to do it last night and I DID IT. My form isn't perfect yet, but I'm working on it. I started at 85lbs (45lb bar + 1 20lb weight on either side) and I was able to do it at that weight, but my form suffered after 5. I moved down to 65lbs and am now working to make sure I can do it with correct form.

And guess what? I DID IT AGAIN THIS MORNING. Since my workout last night was more or less to learn proper form for things, I didn't feel as though I needed as much rest and I also didn't go too hard this morning.

Need moar deadlifts.

Oh and on a similar note, I also have more room in every pair of pants I own. All the pants that used to fit perfect now feel loose when I wear them. All the pants that were a tad bit too tight now fit just right.

*does a happy dance*

I have no clue why I wanted to do this one so bad, BUT I FINALLY DID IT.

Because dead lifts are the greatest thing since Nintendo? They really are....

Oh and on a similar note, I also have more room in every pair of pants I own. All the pants that used to fit perfect now feel loose when I wear them. All the pants that were a tad bit too tight now fit just right.

*does a happy dance*

Good job on the loose pants! Pretty soon you'll have to go through the dreaded wardrobe rebuilding phase (It's a good thing) :D

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Guest guest4729

Good job on the loose pants! Pretty soon you'll have to go through the dreaded wardrobe rebuilding phase (It's a good thing) :D

Yeahhh...kinda not too thrilled about that, but I'm also very lucky. Since I'm not starting at a very high weight, my goal weight isn't really that different from where I am now. I'd like to be around 120-125 and I started at 140-145. Not as drastic as some other people, fortunately. The more weight you have to lose, the more you have to rebuild your wardrobe.

On my college budget, the small revamp is doable - thankfully. Plus I intend on donating my old clothing once I'm done with them since I hope to never grow back into them. lol

Keep the old pants! If you're going to start lifting heavy with deadlifts and possibly squats, you may find that after the fat loss in the thighs, they start to grow again once you put the muscle on. I'm back down into my smaller dress pants now, but they are sorta tight across the thighs.

I may end up having to go get my Big Corey pants altered to bring in the waist so that I can wear them for the roomy thighs.

I think I remember a thread one of the girls started (maybe Spezzy) about having this issue with jeans.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Guest guest4729
Keep the old pants! If you're going to start lifting heavy with deadlifts and possibly squats, you may find that after the fat loss in the thighs, they start to grow again once you put the muscle on. I'm back down into my smaller dress pants now, but they are sorta tight across the thighs.

I may end up having to go get my Big Corey pants altered to bring in the waist so that I can wear them for the roomy thighs.

I think I remember a thread one of the girls started (maybe Spezzy) about having this issue with jeans.

Well I'm hoping that that isn't the case because the main thing I want to change is having a flatter stomach and less fat all around. I am quite sure I have a very high body fat percentage because everything is basically fat and like...no muscle. Maybe I will keep the old jeans just in case. JUST IN CASE.

*does a happy dance*

best make sure you're wearing 'pants' (you're american so i MUST remember that doesn't mean underwear!) that fit when doing a happy dance :P and go you! deadlifts rock my socks :D and jstu think... once you've nailed deadlift form, you can do crazy/scary (to most other peoples) olympic lifts (yay for snatches and cleans!)

Guest guest4729
I miss my deadlifts. Such a powerful feeling beasting that weight off the floor.

I AGREE SO MUCH! Even though I'm only lifting 65lbs right now as practice, it feels super awesome. Yay @ lifting heavy things. :)

I love deadlifts. Once you get the hang of them they make everything else easier. They make you strong everywhere. Also, they are great to add into a metcon.

Caveat: reset after each pull. Bar up,, bar down. These people that do bent waist deadlifts relying on the eccentric pull of their posterior chain scare me. Go all the way to the ground and reset. it's not a race.

Level 3 Human Ranger
STR: 9 DEX: 5.25 STA: 14.5 CON: 5.5 WIS: 16 CHA: 5.5 
My Current Challenge

I love deadlifts. Once you get the hang of them they make everything else easier. They make you strong everywhere. Also, they are great to add into a metcon.

Caveat: reset after each pull. Bar up,, bar down. These people that do bent waist deadlifts relying on the eccentric pull of their posterior chain scare me. Go all the way to the ground and reset. it's not a race.

You're scared of people who do RDLs? But, but, they are such a good assistance exercise.....

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle