Forums are back in action! ×

Numbers of Pushups Challenge...

I have a friend whom told me that he could do at least 3,000 pushup in 2 weeks. So far, he managed to do 3,450 and it only has been 12 days. Is that crazy? or it is possible? I would imagine arms falling off from soreness. He would do it during commercials on TV, when he wakes up, or when he has 5 minutes break in between classes, every moment he has, he would go for it and even logs every pushup he has done!

Have you done anything like that?

"I may not be the strongest, I may not be the fastest, but I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest."

Closest i've come is the Hunj.

Essentially:

100 pushups a day for 100 days. (10000 pushups? if you do it all)

At the begining i wasn't making the 100 pushups a day, got there by the end of the first month.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

I could do sets of 20 on and off through the day, easily 10 times through the whole thing. That would give me 2800 in 2 weeks. I'd just forget to do it.

Herschel Walker had a daily regimen of 3,500 sit-ups, 1,500 push-ups and ran eight miles. Every day!

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

unbelievable! won't mind strive to set a personal challenge for one specific movement to see how many I could accomplish in a specific time-frame. I recalled a kung fu academy around here in town where Sensei Morrow has established "Pushups for Peace" campaign to fight against hunger for children. He has done 2,100 pushup in one hour. He does this on a yearly basis and has competed to be in the Guinness World Records for the most pushups on back of his hand within one minute! Awesome!

"I may not be the strongest, I may not be the fastest, but I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest."

Yeah, he had legit multi personality disorder for a long time. The poor dude doesn't remember winning the Heisman.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

For those who aren't familiar with him, read his wiki page. The guy is an athletic monster.

500 / 330 / 625

Before I started using the stronglifts programme I used to get up and do a set of 30-50 push-ups, rest, do another set, have a shower and then repeat. I'd usually do another couple of sets in the evening as well so I would have been easily doing over 200 a day so 3000 in 2 weeks doesn't seem that hard. Only thing I could never seem to do was manage to get to higher reps in each set, I think the most I managed was 55 in one set. Would have liked to get to 100 in a row if only to show off that I could