Forums are back in action! ×

I am new here and definitely a Druid.  I just finished reading Level Up Your Life and feeling really pumped!

I suffer with anxiety and have a brain that doesn't like to shut off. Meditation has allowed me not only to cope better with stress but to have hope when times were dark, set goals, and move forward. I try to walk 10,000 steps a day and travel somewhere outside of my city once a month, even if it is only a day trip.

I am trying to help others to relax with my business www.jessicacrossasmr.com, where I create relaxation audio, video, books and workshops.

I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and a Licensed Massage Therapist with over 15 years experience teaching and providing relaxation, stress reduction and meditation training.

I am excited to meet people here.

Cross

• Like 2

Hey! Welcome on board. :) 

There are a LOT of people who suffer anxiety and/or depression here and lots who do meditation and yoga so you will find plenty of support and like minded people. 

Have you found your way around the forum alright? (And not been too put off by the latest wave of spam to hit us, argh!)

If you are leaning towards the Druids then you should Check out the Druids Knowledge Base Here to read/reply to some of the posts, or pop by the Druids section of the Challenge forum to see how the challenges work and get some ideas. We are currently on the final week of a 4 Week Challenge but there's another one starting on the 17th if you want to join in. ;) 

Its a really great community here and I hope you enjoy being a part of it. :)  I usually post some links to help newcomers find their way around the site but my phone is really playing up! Apologies if this types in all weird fonts or something stupid! 

How you use the forum is up to you. You'll find that you gravitate towards certain section and almost ignore others. ;) You can start a Battle log and use it to track your progress, you can take part in challenges, or you can simply soak up information and use it to improve your workouts/eating etc, or even just hang out in the Chat Room. It's totally up to you. :) 

I like to recommend the 4 Week Challenges to people because it makes you an active participant in the forum, lets you meet other members, form friendships and get some accountability. They're also a really good tool to help you reach your long term goals by breaking them down into smaller, short term goals which I think is important in keeping you motivated.

It's a tough slog to just keep working away toward losing 50lbs (for example) and trying to change everything all at once - eating better, exercising more, cutting soda, stop smoking..... Arrrrrgh! 

But if you have a challenge to, say, cut out soda over 4 weeks. Then go on to do another challenge to eat vegetables with one meal every day for 4 weeks and to use the stairs at work instead of the lift. You can focus on making small changes at a time, and make them lasting changes! And all the while you're getting support and advice from your fellow nerds. Coz we're like that. 

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Thanks, I am finding my way around ok, but it is a bit overwhelming.  I am looking forward to the next round of the 4 week challenge.  Maybe after I lurk for a while I will put up a battle post.  I did my first body weight routine today and have been trying to get back to that for a long time.  So, off to a good start!

• Like 4

Welcome! I find the forums a bit overwhelming as well, but getting used to them It's wonderful that there's so much stuff to do in this space!

• Like 1

The Lonely Wolf | Level 9 Worgen Ranger

Instagram | Daily Battle Log | NF Character | Current Challenge: Mad Wolf In A Blue Box

Geek Out- Star Wars. Star Trek. Doctor Who. Firefly. Lost In Space. WoW. Destiny. Legend of Zelda. Mario Kart 64. Dominion.

Fate whispered to the lonely wolf,

"you cannot withstand the storm."

The lonely wolf whispered back,

"I am the storm."

Welcome aboard! The forums are definitely a bit overwhelming at first, but before you know it you won't use the internet for anything except coming here :P

• Like 3

Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

-Miyamoto Musashi

Current Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/83906-kvedulfs-second-challenge-first-steps-on-a-new-way/