Forums are back in action! ×

Hey guys!

So I'm new here, I actually made this account like three years ago and never did anything with it but now I'm ready for a change! I've browsed the forums and everyone seems really nice, so I'm here to stay this time. Any tips for getting started here would be appreciated as this is a much different forum than anything else I've been on.

Welcome, Danic.  

I guess the first thing for getting started is to decide what your goals are.  You are obviously here because you want to level up your life, but what does that mean to you?

You say you have browsed the forums so I am guessing you at least kind of know your way around.  There are many areas depending on what you want to use them for.  From what I have seen (I've only been around a few months or so myself) the most common use is the 4-week challenges.  Here is a link to a post on setting up your first challenge .

Those are where you set your own challenges for the next 4-weeks.  We are just finishing up a challenge this week, next week will be a zero week (or week off between challenges) with the next one starting around the 17th or 18th.  It is generally recommended that you start your first challenge with the Rebel guild while you are learning the way everything works.  After that, you are free to stay with the Rebels as long as you like or choose a guild that fits with your goals.  However, that is not a firm rule as I know that the Rangers (my guild) gladly accepts new people who wish just jump straight into the guild (and I assume that most of the others do as well).  You may be asking what are the guilds and how do I know which one is right for me (or you may already know) if you need help deciding here is a post describing all the guilds .

Also, guilds are not a permanent choice,  you can pick a guild and stay there as long as you like and then change guilds whenever your goals change.  For example, say you want to spend several months getting stronger you may spend those months with the Warriors, but then you wish to work on your endurance (even though you continue to build strength) so you then spend a challenge or two with scouts because they are more aligned with your current focus.    Or, if you prefer to focus on multiple areas at once then you fit well in the Ranger guild where our motto is "Do ALL the things" LOL.

Anything else you need to know, just give a shout and if I can't help I will find someone who can.

• Like 2

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

As bker1370 said, it's for you to decide what you want to change.  What would YOU like to get out of being on here?

The challenges are great, they help you in a lot of ways.  They help you to break your long term goals down into smaller, more attainable ones.  They help you to make friends and integrate into the community.  They give you a structured format and timescale to focus on and keep you motivated.  And they're fun! ;) 

I would suggest you have a look through some of the current challenges to see what they're like.  You can also browse the other areas of the forum and join in any of the discussions.

What kind of exercise or sports are you interested in trying? (or do already)  Are you looking to lose weight, or eat better?  Do you want to get strong like the Hulk, of lithe and fast like Legolas?

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

If you're looking to lose weight: food, food, food!  everything else is a sidenote

if you're looking to do something else: what exactly?  what's your big goal?

once you've answered that question, divide it up in a gazillion tiny goals.  If the goals looks and sounds to simple, you probably picked good one.

small victories keep you motivated.  Especially in the beginning they teach you that you can do this.  Once you know you can do this, you just go and do it!

My Profile        |     I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.

My Battle Log  |     Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

|     I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Start to Run      |     And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

|   Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing.  Only I will remain.