Forums are back in action! ×

Paddey here for nerdiness

Hellow my new friends.

I just joined the academy and wanted to let a short review here of my past.

I'm Patrick from Hamburg 25 years old a engineer and was my whole life obese.

Actually 3 years ago I first saw my true self. How uncomfortable I felt and that this was not me how I thought of myself.

I wanted to change badly after realising this.

To that point I was at 120 kg/ 264lbs 

I got it down to 95 kg/ 209 lbs after good 8 month of learning how to train with body weight exercises and getting to know my nutrition the first time in my life.

I also one time regained all that weight and trained it down again. This was cuz of a new job living in a hotel and loosing the goal out of sight.

Thats the first part. Now after some years loving working out trying much out.bwe gym martial arts and calisthenics I found what I want. I love my ju jutsu my bodyweight exercises and I always wanted to learn that cool gymnastic moves. Thats the point i'am now. About 95 kg/209lbs.

I joined you to have a great community and another fun way for my workouts. Maybe some pals to write with and exchange exp.

I will reduce my body fat to 12% or less with time and train to these calisthenic moves I always wanted to be able to perform.

I need to have a strict diet and I will try with paleo. Cuz so much other ways won't work for me.

Now that's me. If you got any questions just ask, if you want to help me achieve this goals or just want to kick my lazy ass sometime it would be my pleasure to have you with me.

Yeah sorry for any bad english sentences and hope to make some new friends.

Oh yeah.. I'm a nerd actually in gaming and movies. Love animes and nerdy puns. Cheers oh and I like my cats and sloths are so cool

Welcome aboard.  Ju Jitsu, bodyweight, and gymnastics/parkour?  sounds like a ranger to me (where we do ALL the things LOL)..  we even have a sloth LOL 

@Sloth the Enduring

• Like 2

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

9 hours ago, Paddey said:

Actually i always thought about assassin how come the rangers meaning this?

I am sure you would make a great assassin as well.  The meaning behind that for the Rangers is that we are officially described as jack (or jill as appropriate) of all trades.

The guilds are just a way of grouping people with like fitness interests (or focuses).  

For example:  The Warriors main focus is on strength (usually through lifting weights).  Many of us Rangers also lift weights but not with the same focus as the Warriors.  We also have many people who are into bodyweight exercise and parkour/gymnastics but not a fully focused on those as the Assassins.  We also have numerous Rangers doing some form of martial arts work (unarmed or armed) but again not with the focus you will find in the Monks.

So, rather than have one specific focus for our guild, we do ALL the things....  so, swhen you mention interests that span two different guilds (at least) it sounds like a Ranger to me LOL.

Also, guilds are not a one-time decision.  While most people do pick one guild that they most closely identify with as "home" you are free to change guilds as often as you like as your goals change...  Maybe you decide to spend a month or three with the assassins working on bodyweight and gymnastic work...  then you have a few months where you would like your primary focus to be you ju jitsu so you spend that time with the monks...   later you maybe decide you want to build up your strength with weights and spend a little time with the warriors.  As a primary example of this idea...  One of the most recognized Warriors, known as Spezzy, is spending this challenge with us Rangers because she feels we fit better with her goals this month.  We also recently had Gainsdalf the Whey, a warrior guild leader, spend several challenges with the Rangers as he was preparing for a certain event and felt that our more broad approach would be better training for that event.  

Also, I saw you mention games (although you did not mention what kind), if you are interested in taking a look we are running a WoW themed mini-challenge starting next week...  everyone is welcome, it is not limited to Rangers only.

• Like 1

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |