Forums are back in action! ×

what does being in great shape mean to you?

Oh, wow. I usually just click reply with quote, type my comment, copy the text instead of sending, then go to the next one and hit reply with quote, then paste the previous one in above the quote text. Wash rinse repeat. This is easier.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Being fit and strong means: being able to do what I set out to do without specific training and without bumping up against my physical limitations.

Over time, I imagine the list of "what I set out to do" will expand. But I don't ever want to look at an everyday physical task and think "can I do that?" (examples: climb the stairs, carry a case of wine, move the living room couch so we can play Kinect, carry my kids up to bed while they're asleep, and so on). Editing to add: these are all things I can do easily now. So it's time to level up!

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom