Forums are back in action! ×

New Rebel in her 40ies

Hello everyone,

I'm currently reading Steve's book and I thought it would be a good idea to start here right away instead of finishing the book first. I've already identified procrastination as one of my "enemies" ;)

I'm in my forties, overweight (no exercise, too many takeouts/eating out and alcohol), tired and a bit broke (it all comes together, right?). I have this on-and-off history with leading a healthy, balanced life, but I've been living the "off" period for a few years now. 

So tonight, I've decided to change that. I mean, it's the first time I do something about it for so long. 

I know how easily discouraged I can be, so I'm focusing of the really basic stuff for now - I'm sure this will help me get better and give me the push to go further down the road to healthy living :)

I'll also post this in the Challenge section, but I think it summarizes quite well where I am now:
- Bring my lunch to work min. 4x/week

- Order in/Eat out max. 1x/week (alone) or 2x/week (with people)

- Drink alcohol max. 1x/week (with people)

- Take a cab max. 1x/week (alone) or 2x/week (with people) --- I live in the city, so that means a lot more walking for me!

So this is for the current challenge (until mid-August). After that, I believe I will probably be ready to add more exercise, such as the NF bodyweight training, but we'll see.  

I'm looking forward to get know you all better! I wish you the best on your personal quests :) 

• Like 2

Great goals! I love to see women who are 40+ on these boards. I didn't do any strength stuff until I was on NF, and in my forties, but I really believe it is super important for women of all ages to be strong.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27