Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

"Most dancers have to be a stripper at some point. There's just nothing else they can do"

I just want to jump in and say something like "Applebee's is hiring."

Please... please- send them my way.  I'll have some words for those people.  

> *-*< 

steam.... ears... lots of steam.... 

I can provide some insight for the shoes/shirt: one of our dogs is a 15 year old rat terrier.  He's spry, happy, and energetic, but the cold has started getting to him recently.  Without putting a jacket on him, his legs just...stop working in the cold.  We have to carry him in, and whatever happens to him that makes his legs stop just wipes him out for the rest of the day.  The shoes are more for snow, but for the same reason.  Sure it looks silly, but I'm not about to let my dog get sick, injured, or die of hypothermia.

Regards,

P

Holey moley!  15!  That's awesome!

Nappies on dogs. Fuck off.

The jacket is very practical for jack russels in the cold, I had a little jack russel and she really suffered in the cold but was delighted with life in her jacket!

I agree that some dogs need to have a little extra protection on feet and body during colder times of the year.  Jackets and booties are good for protection.  Also, I think there are some breeds out there that are more susceptible to sunburn in the summertime so they would need to wear protective gear too.  Princess outfits etc, are not my thing and my dog would be really pissed if he became Princess Chopper one day....

Yeah, I can think of no good reason for a dog to have a diaper.

Some people use diapers for bitches when they are in heat so they don't bleed all over everything, but to use one so the person doesn't have to pooper-scoop is so wrong.

My peeve with pet owners is when they are exercising they should exercise their dog instead of pushing them around like a baby.   I realize there are certain pets out there that can't take long walks because they are cripple or too old but when they can jump out of the baby stroller to chase me down the street there is no excuse.

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

maybe you should just fix your dog instead of letting her run around bleeding like a gutted pig...

but that's another conversation all together.

:applouse: 

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Letting them wear a jacket and shoes in winter: ok understandable.  In tropical Manila where the only seasons are summer and rainy though, :uncomfortableness:.  And it's not like these are breeds who'd die if they were naked in the tropics - I've seen the same dog breeds walking around with only their fur and the padding on their paws to protect them and they're fine so if a particular dog is wearing shoes or shirts here it's mostly because of its owner's desire to cute it up. 

My peeve with pet owners is when they are exercising they should exercise their dog instead of pushing them around like a baby.   I realize there are certain pets out there that can't take long walks because they are cripple or too old but when they can jump out of the baby stroller to chase me down the street there is no excuse.

I agree with this.

OtakuBosatsu

Level 1 Lycan. Druid/Monk at heart, training with the Assassins
STR 7|DEX 5.75|STA 4|CON 3|WIS 3.75|CHA 3

My blog, "Zen, Music, and Movement": http://raffyayaladvo.wordpress.com/

"Most dancers have to be a stripper at some point. There's just nothing else they can do"

I just want to jump in and say something like "Applebee's is hiring."

Please... please- send them my way.  I'll have some words for those people.  

> *-*< 

steam.... ears... lots of steam.... 

I fear for their safety if they say this to your face. :D

OtakuBosatsu

Level 1 Lycan. Druid/Monk at heart, training with the Assassins
STR 7|DEX 5.75|STA 4|CON 3|WIS 3.75|CHA 3

My blog, "Zen, Music, and Movement": http://raffyayaladvo.wordpress.com/

yeah that would not end well for them.  not at all.

I guess I never got the memo, I've been dancing dancing for over 6 years.  I haven't stripped for money anywhere yet!

I must be doing something wrong as a dancer!

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeet- I have a friend WHO TEACHES POLE... and she's damn good (won awards and things) and she's never actually been a stripper!

OMG, there's someone in my neighborhood that walks their dogs in a baby stroller.  It's ridiculous to me!  They're DOGS!  They want to walk and wiggle and bounce.

-jj

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie. 

2 women talking "If a woman takes testosterone before she works out, will she become hairy like a man?" ((WHAT?? on so many levels, just what?))

is it wrong that the first thing that came into my head to was "Only a little, on her balls"?

EDIT:  I'm probably being naive/ignorant but I wasn't even aware it would make much difference, nor would you go to those lengths as a casual (trust me, very casual) gym user.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

I don't lift weights much, but the weight room is where the pullup bars are, so that's where I head to a fair amount. The number of times I have see dudes improperly use machines like the lat pull down or do stuff like bicep curls using too much weight so they're doing overexaggerated pelvic thrusts to help bring the barbells up is unbelievably high.

I have a hard time taking step classes seriously... It's just... I can't deal with it. I've tried group fitness classes - I'm much more a "either shut up or yell at me that I'll sleep when I'm dead" kinda person.

But... steps vs spin class? Maybe I went to too easy a step class? I mean, it's ideal for some of the ladies I saw lovin' it - community, encouragement, etc - but... Step > spin for weight loss/tone? Did he wear those tight-n'-bright coloured ankle and wrist weights? Or did I completely misinterpret what you said?...

Dwarf Monk

Level 5

STR 11 | STA 9 | DEX 5 | CON 11 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

ceterum censeo infirmitas esse delendam

CHALLENGE

TAKING OFF THE HAND WRAPS

previous

I ; II; III; IV ; V

stepper like the machine not the class. no he is a big as meat head... probably one if the few who actually qualifies as " meat head".

he also stopped to day and watched me do what he called my " rain dance thing"

rain dance thing meaning my set of 51 burpee box jumps. ( I was doing a double sideed box jump so jump up go of the back side turn around drop down to burpee then box jump back to the starting side)

I think he was waiting for me to take to a break to talk to him but I had 51 to do and I was on the clock. plus I hate stopping miss exercise to talk to people so I wouldn't have anyway.

Oh, okay. 

Wow... I'm not sure I'm wrapping my head around that one - I'll have to watch a video, 'cause I'm sitting in my desk right now trying to motion it out and I don't think it's working.

That must've been a bit strange...

Dwarf Monk

Level 5

CHALLENGE

previous

I ; II; III; IV ; V

And I just realized you were talking about my box jumps.

burpee on one side- instead of jumping at the top- you do a box jump- and you just go to the other side- repeat.  so you jump on the box- and then keep going- you don't go backwards ever.

sorry- it's the stair master machine- all our body builders use it

this thing

stairmaster_zpsa078afc5.jpg

Oh, I see! Those sound like fun, actually! I'm thinking of incorporating box jumps into my workouts as soon as I can get a bit more flexibility into my ankle. I lack explosive speed - thus I'm a sitting duck when I spar. D:

I've never seen a male use one of those before... I've only ever seen older ladies use it. 

I would much rather go outside and find a hill with stairs and do those rather than sit in a gym and tread an endless staircase. I feel I'd start singing "Stairway to Heaven" or something or just go crazy if I did that.

Or more likely, I'd fall off of it. I tend to do that. 

Dwarf Monk

Level 5

CHALLENGE

previous

I ; II; III; IV ; V