Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

The images could've been worse, this is what I read

:)

Dirty :P

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

The other day, as I was walking into the locker room, a couple o' bros were walking out. As they passed, I caught this gem

"It probably didn't smell too bad out there today because there aren't that many girls around"

Huh?

I'm grasping at straws here, but at my gym there are a lot of women that wear a TON of perfume and it smells awful! Especially once they start sweating. So maybe that's what they meant?

• Like 1

level 7 ranger | battle log | challenges: 1

I'm grasping at straws here, but at my gym there are a lot of women that wear a TON of perfume and it smells awful! Especially once they start sweating. So maybe that's what they meant?

I've never understood women who wear so much perfume that you're afraid to light a match in their general area. Do they not understand "subtle"?

• Like 1

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Not fucking likely

1398967_10151659601776106_22273928_o.jpg

1401397_10151643168441106_175669353_o.jp

1492708_10151772020501106_391313041_o.jp

And it's for damn sure, they can't spell it

DISCLAIMER: These HTFU model-chix are NOT at my gym, but they are reasonable stand-ins for some who are

But they don't dress like that to have the guys look... :-)

Uhhhh what gym do YOU go to???

In completely unrelated news I'm moving guys!

Where to?

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I've seen some strange things in the gym, I like to give the characters names like "The 80's Bachelor, Power-Walkin' Princess, and "The Reader."

The 80's Bachelor: On a treadmill wearing a V-neck sweater, doused in Polo cologne, and listening to a Sony (cassette tape) walk man.

Power-Walkin' Princess: Won't put up with your shit, she'll bark at you just before it's her turn for super-incline jazz-handed POWAH walk on the treadmill.

The Reader: Mid 40's woman who's in great shape, she's constantly running while reading a Kindle on the treadmill. Later she can be found lifting free weights one arm at a time while reading a kindle. We've never made eye contact.

• Like 5

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

Think you can handle living in New Jersey? It's NOT for everyone

I used to live in Jersey (exit 163), but I got better... :)

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Maurice Moss

Uhhhh what gym do YOU go to???

In completely unrelated news I'm moving guys!

Which guys are you moving? :)

• Like 1

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

In my experience, this phenomenon is much more prevalent in the male "Axe body spray" demographic. 

Yup, as bad or worse.

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

Think you can handle living in New Jersey? It's NOT for everyone

Don't do it!

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

I used to live in Jersey (exit 163), but I got better... :)

There's only ONE Parkway Exit that counts

exit-0-274x300.jpg

Now, if we talk about Turnpike Exits

flying%20fish%20exit%20series.JPG

Lived off exit 155 for 3 years, vacation off exit 25, and proposed to my wife off exit 0.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Not fucking likely

1398967_10151659601776106_22273928_o.jpg

1401397_10151643168441106_175669353_o.jp

1492708_10151772020501106_391313041_o.jp

And it's for damn sure, they can't spell it

DISCLAIMER: These HTFU model-chix are NOT at my gym, but they are reasonable stand-ins for some who are

If I had a body like that, I'd wear clothes like that, too. :)

• Like 2

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

whilst I was doing inversions on my mat

Two bottle blonds lifting 5lb dumbells whisper (not so quietly)

"Oh my god she must have a really strong neck"

>< inversions are abdominal based.. but hey sure.. let's say I have a strong neck anyways.

The guy next to me tries standing on his head and falls over onto my mat, guess he didn't have a strong neck ...

• Like 4

Species: DARK Wood Elf

Class: Assassin

STR3 DEX2 STA3 CON2WIS2 CHA2

" Guess that's the difference between us and the Avengers.

The world already looked pretty good to them. They fought to keep it as it was.

We fought to make it better"

- Rogue (Anna Marie)  ( Earth 616)

It's a category of advanced poses in yoga. I was doing a pose called fallen angel. Where I mostly balance my body weight on my hands and a little bit on my cheek while my legs are in the air. The guy next to me was like "pshhhh so easy" ..He tried it and fell.. If you look up the pose it's not as easy as it may seem.

Species: DARK Wood Elf

Class: Assassin

STR3 DEX2 STA3 CON2WIS2 CHA2

" Guess that's the difference between us and the Avengers.

The world already looked pretty good to them. They fought to keep it as it was.

We fought to make it better"

- Rogue (Anna Marie)  ( Earth 616)