Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

The other day in the gym some idiot was reracking his weights, and when he turned around he knocked the bar off one of the squat racks in spectacular fashion. Made a ton of noise and bounced around a little.  Thankfully there was no weight on the bar at the time, so no damage done.  

That idiot was me.....

That's okay, the other day i did my first ever set of overhead presses.  So i get it up (this is just the bar at this point) and am on a corner with a mirror to my left and to my front.  I start falling over.  And over... and smash the mirror.

I had to replace the mirror and put down a hundred dollar mirror retainer just in case for the future. X_X

• Like 2

That's okay, the other day i did my first ever set of overhead presses.  So i get it up (this is just the bar at this point) and am on a corner with a mirror to my left and to my front.  I start falling over.  And over... and smash the mirror.

I had to replace the mirror and put down a hundred dollar mirror retainer just in case for the future. X_X

Ouch!  That's rough man.  Sorry to hear it.  But it's good motivation for using proper form in the future I guess.  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Why don't I ever get to see these things happen in my gym...

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Ouch!  That's rough man.  Sorry to hear it.  But it's good motivation for using proper form in the future I guess.  

this... this was with good form. ;-; i'm a string bean. Go in my challenge thread and look at the pictures of me.  I have TEENY TINY ARMS.

On the upside, I got back up and finished the workout.  Then hid int he shower and cried a little. xD

• Like 2

At the gym this weekend and a guy comes over to ask me if I can spot him. I'm like okay, I can help out a fellow gym person. We get to his spot and it's one of the arm machines. I kinda raised an eyebrow because those usually guide your form for you and you can control weights to what you can handle, but I went with it.

Then he asked me to help him extend his arms because he couldn't go the full range of motion for the chosen weight by himself. He wanted this for every rep. We did it and I went back to what I was doing. Then he came back. Five. More. Times. For the same machine. Did he change weight so he could do it by himself? No! He increased the weight!

Partially my fault for not suggesting the weight decrease, but I was too dumbfounded to do anything besides try to look busy after the sixth time he came back.

• Like 1

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

At the gym this weekend and a guy comes over to ask me if I can spot him. I'm like okay, I can help out a fellow gym person. We get to his spot and it's one of the arm machines. I kinda raised an eyebrow because those usually guide your form for you and you can control weights to what you can handle, but I went with it.

Then he asked me to help him extend his arms because he couldn't go the full range of motion for the chosen weight by himself. He wanted this for every rep. We did it and I went back to what I was doing. Then he came back. Five. More. Times. For the same machine. Did he change weight so he could do it by himself? No! He increased the weight!

Partially my fault for not suggesting the weight decrease, but I was too dumbfounded to do anything besides try to look busy after the sixth time he came back.

Sounds like it might have been love. I can think of no other logical explanation.

Sounds like it might have been love. I can think of no other logical explanation.

Must have been! :P

But it's over now?

It might have been good

But you lost it somehow?

Bahahahaha!! XD

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

Clearly, you've never watched The Three Stooges or Marx Brothers

Your loss, I s'pose

The Three Stooges aren't really shown in the UK and i've only seen a couple of clips, the line does tickle my memory somewhat but not definitively, ah well

also my reason for posting was kinda just an excuse to put the 'could care less' bit in :P i see that damn thing everywhere AND IT'S SO FRICKIN' WRONG!

The Three Stooges aren't really shown in the UK and i've only seen a couple of clips, the line does tickle my memory somewhat but not definitively, ah well

also my reason for posting was kinda just an excuse to put the 'could care less' bit in :tongue: i see that damn thing everywhere AND IT'S SO FRICKIN' WRONG!

Personally, I prefer to add additional emphasis when stating just how little I care. I go with "I could not possibly care less."

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Harken yon field wherein i plantith mine fucks.

Lo, for it is barren!

Holy. Carp.

If I included profanity in my vocabulary, I would so purloin the heck out of that.

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

also my reason for posting was kinda just an excuse to put the 'could care less' bit in :tongue: i see that damn thing everywhere AND IT'S SO FRICKIN' WRONG!

One of my favorite bands, DevilDriver, actually sells a t-shirt that says "I could fucking care less" on the back, and it just drives me nuuuuuts.  Like, I love you guys, but NO.

Butts.