Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

It's a mathematical equation.... %OnTopic=1/(2*pi*pages).... as the pages get higher, you're chance of being on topic get closer and close to 0....

So being a nerd, I ran the numbers.  Kinda surprised nobody else did before me.  

Anyway, according to that equation, as of page 89, this thread had a .178% chance of being on-topic.  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Anyway, according to that equation, as of page 89, this thread had a .178% chance of being on-topic.  

LOL... that's awesome... there's a max chance of it being on topic of 15.9% as well. :-)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Everyone was getting bored talking about squats anyway

Shut it down

Squats are never boring!

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Of course 1 - that equation is Godwin's Law; as thread length increases in probability that Hitler is invoked during discussion approaches 100%.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Since moving from a Planet Fitness to a Powerhouse, my amusement has decreased.  However, my pain and suffering has increased. :D

indoubitably. I got wrangled into a powerlift meet within 2 months of joining. 

I guess I'm kind of a beer snob; I see nothing wrong with this.

yeah that's not to bad- 10/12 $ per 4 pack is about my cap.

That's cheap for good beer. I'm a big fan of Gulden Draak, and that costs $19.99/4-pack

yeah- that's to much for me.  I like mediocre beer well enough and I just don't savor it enough. I'm a huge fan of Yuengling or the lager clan. 

I have spent 12 on the big Noble Rot by Dogfish head- but that's about 3 for me- so more than enough. 

Depends on what it is and if I've had it- I'm such a cheap ass LOL.  I like all my wine 10 or less- but I'll splurge for a t 15$ bottle once in a blue moon ;)

I was working on dynos at the rock gym yesterday when a kind, but sadly mistaken newb comes over and says "You're not supposed to jump around on the rock wall. That's really dangerous and is making me nervous". Luckily I was standing next to two employees, who basically replied "Those are dynos. That's how you're supposed to do it." The woman got all indignant and said "I'll never come back then. If you wanna jump around, get a jump rope."

Level Zero Elven Assassin

Esto vir fortis!

I was working on dynos at the rock gym yesterday when a kind, but sadly mistaken newb comes over and says "You're not supposed to jump around on the rock wall. That's really dangerous and is making me nervous". Luckily I was standing next to two employees, who basically replied "Those are dynos. That's how you're supposed to do it." The woman got all indignant and said "I'll never come back then. If you wanna jump around, get a jump rope."

I've done my share of climbing/rappelling, but what the hell are dynos?  When I first read it I thought you were talking about the machines they use to measure horsepower.  lol.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Not heard in the gym but I've now just cycled 9 miles home, but I've left my house keys in work...I feel like a proper div

Hahahaha! :D If you're gonna do something, do it in style my man! Well done ;)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I've done my share of climbing/rappelling, but what the hell are dynos?  When I first read it I thought you were talking about the machines they use to measure horsepower.  lol.  

Dyno A dynamic move to grab a hold that would otherwise be out of reach. Generally both feet will leave the rock face and return again once the target hold is caught. Non-climbers would call it a jump or a leap.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_climbing_terms

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Even worse my missus was is Sheffield do didn't get back to Leeds till 8, not enough time to make it worth it to cycle to work and back...but long enough to be nicely chilled when she got back...also the only night our neighbors who had the spare key were not in...

• Like 1

Even worse my missus was is Sheffield do didn't get back to Leeds till 8, not enough time to make it worth it to cycle to work and back...but long enough to be nicely chilled when she got back...also the only night our neighbors who had the spare key were not in...

No pub nearer than that?

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

What I overheard in the gym today:

Absolutely nothing.  The damn music was so loud I had to go put in earplugs so I could concentrate.

(Side note: Now that I’m a parent, I find the notion of wearing earplugs ALL the time very appealing.)

Duct Tape is cheaper...

• Like 1

My first challenge

Runners are like that

I've never raced on a treadmill, though I do mentally compare my speed to everyone around me. However, when running on the roads/trails/etc, I definitely run faster if someone else is going to pass me or I have a chance to pass someone.

In fact, I still have to fight the urge to do the same when I'm driving...

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Not at the gym but happened at work:

Sitting in the lunchroom comparing notes with another guy that lifts.  We were comparing protein, carbs, calories etc when a third coworker asks "If you are both lifting heavy and trying to get stronger, why such a difference in calories?"

We both answer at the same time - "We are eating to support different goals".

That amused me. :D

• Like 2

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

In fact, I still have to fight the urge to do the same when I'm driving...

Don't fight it, man!  I don't really race people at the gym, but you get me on the road and I turn into the dragon breathed Type A get-the-fuck-outta-my-way kind of guy.  I guess it's the car guy in me.  I just can't stand driving slow.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™