Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

I find this debate very peculiar.... I can't wear anything else. I just get wedgied and spend the day trying to fish handfuls of material out of my ass crack if I wear big pants.

And yeah, I definitely wear thongs in the gym. Don't understand why anyone would find it uncomfortable... :confused:

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I would just vote for going without. Thongs are not comfy for me when I'm just sitting around. I think they'd be even less so while exercising.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Up until recently, I was actually going commando to the gym. Don't know why I stopped, actually.

I have actually considered this before.  The pants I wear to the gym are quite comfortable while commando.  Just haven't tried it yet.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

The downfall of this is that its spiraled into a serious conversation about thongs at the gym and I really have nothing to input here. 

*Dammit now I have to rummage thru my gf's underwear drawer for firsthand knowledge lol*

• Like 1

^^ Agreed! In the sense of not hearing much.  I'm in the gym at 6am.  There's usually only one or two other people there.  What I have learned is that PT sessions seem like therapy sessions for the PT.

Thankfully, a few of the trainers and instructors have gotten pissed and have taken to posting signs and notices about reracking weights, bars, et cetera.  You know proper gym etiquette stuff.

• Like 1

I don't know if thongs are something different in America, but I'm picturing bikini bottoms. We have something in the UK called a jockstrap - is that what you're all on about? It's worn by a lot of male sporty types to keep their bits in place.

Thongs aren't what they used to be...

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Totally calling it a g-banger the next time my wife is getting dressed.

• Like 3

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs

I don't know if thongs are something different in America, but I'm picturing bikini bottoms. We have something in the UK called a jockstrap - is that what you're all on about? It's worn by a lot of male sporty types to keep their bits in place.

Unless I'm missing something (UK nerd too) they really do just mean thongs, as in ass-flossing knickers. Is there another meaning....?
  • Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Yeah, we still have those, though I think they've pretty well been replaced by the compression shorts, though for power lifting (raw) you have to go back to the jock strap. Never thought of it as a thong, but that is bascially correct.

Thongs (in some parts of the USA) are also what are known as flip-flops; rubber sandals with one strap between your big toe and its neighbor.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

So who knows whether I'm in my right mind or not... I'll blame it on the lack of sleep.

I hate to be the guy who points out the obvious, but your username is "insanity"...

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

So cool Guzzi, you just invented a new acronym - AFK. :)

This is going to make me laugh when people I play MMO's with say they're going AFK (Away From Keyboard).  I like Ass-Flossing Knickers better too! LOL! 

• Like 3

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I'll try a rescue story...

Just finished my 'I'bve gob a colb so I'll not libt ad mubch' session and I saw a couple of lads come in, get on the Smith Machine and start doing some sort of row from the waist up to about the chest..I wasn't too sure what they were up to but I'd just finished DL'ing 100kg and then doing hanging knee raises and they looked at me like I was the mad one!

The smith machine is always a source of amusement. Last night, the smith at my gym was broken and two young brohams walked up to it spouting a few disappointed expletives. They moved to the power rack next to it and started bicep curling the bar.

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs