Forums are back in action! ×

Hello all I'm new to Nerd Fitness but am already enjoying it.  Below is my story for any interested.  Thanks!  I'm looking forward to the next 4 week challenge.

I'm a Registered Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator, and a Type 1 diabetic. I just married the man of my dreams on 7/09/2016 and started our wonderful family together of him, his 2 boys and me. We want to have at least 1 more child (my first) so that we have a little girl. I need to get back in shape and get my blood sugars under control for that to happen. I have been beating myself up since I'm an RD I should be able to do this on my own, but I guess I need a little help.

My big WHY:
Why am i doing this? This one was actually pretty easy for me. I have met the man of my dreams, I have the family I've always wanted and hope to add at least one more to it in the next year or 2. My big why is because I want to be healthy and happy to be the best that I can be for them. I want to feel good when I see myself in the mirror, and not feel broken with being a Type 1 diabetic anymore. I want to love myself as much as I love my boys.

Welcome! You can wait for the next challenge if you want, but if you'd rather strike while the iron's hot, start one now! Call it a head start on the next one. Or a practice run before the real event. Either way you'll start meeting new people, building your support team, and take your first steps towards your "new normal."

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin