Forums are back in action! ×

A chaotic lurker...

Hello, Nerdfitness!

Call my Kayotic, or K. I am a 23 year old female that resides in Birmingham, Alabama, USA, looking to level up my life (because I'm tired of dragging around fifty pounds of extra weight and sitting on my butt most of the day.)

I'm currently tipping the scales at about 200 pounds, and for someone who's about 5'5'', well, I'm not morbidly obese, but I'm ready to find a way to change my body.

I also want to get back to school, work on my sleeping schedule, my diet, and my all around daily productivity.

I'm a great planner and schedule maker; my problem lies in finding the motivation to keep to said schedule!

So I'm hoping to find pals to help me stick to it and make a change for the better. Awroo!

• Like 1

Welcome ! Your right about it being easy enough to make plan but harder to stick to them.  The best way I've found is to break my plans into steps, and then into even smaller steps, and then pick a couple of those steps as goals and work on them.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

@Elastigirl makes an excellent point. A big pitfall we all fall into is trying to change everything, all at once. "Starting Monday, I am going to exercise everyday, eat nothing but perfectly organic vegetables and spring water blessed by nuns, sleep 8.346 hours every night, and be at work 10 minutes early every day." That lasts exactly until Tuesday. Instead, around here we try to focus on really small improvements (like, tiny) that we can incorporate into our lives over time, so that drinking water instead of soda or cooking a meal instead of getting takeout becomes the new normal. A new 4-week challenge starts a week from tomorrow, so your timing is excellent! Good luck on your journey.

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin