Forums are back in action! ×

The first primal step

On Friday I started to listen to the audiobook of Primal Endurance my Mark Sisson and Brad Kearns. I'm a longtime fan of Mark Scisson, Katy Bowman, Elliott Hulse and all those others promoting a holistc fitness and lifestyle appoach. Within the first two hours, Brad Kearns (the reader) explains how one benefits from aerobic excercise below a max. heartrate of (180 - age). I'm far from understanding it completely and I don't have a heartrate monitor yet. But I tried another measure for being below the max. heartrate: Being able to breath deeply through your nose.

During swimming this is rather impossible. So I focused on deep nose breaths between every line. And It felt great!

Going slower, but being able to swim longer. And my stich I usually get was barely noticeable. And afterwards I felt refresh and vitalised instead of tired.

I will definitely try this for the next months. Even though Primal Endurance is aimed at endurance athletes with a solid base, I think I and other less skilled people can benefit. Let's get it started!

• Like 1

The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.

Instagram food log