Forums are back in action! ×

Interesting Article on Body Shaming in Martial Arts

A bunch of my HEMA acquaintances were recommending this article, I thought it was really good, and I thought the folks here might appreciate it.

http://boxwrestlefence.com/blog/2016/08/16/fat/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Race:  Dragonborn     Class:  Druid/Monk

The Journey to Force Mastery: #1 #2  #3 #4 #5 __

The Legend     The Struggle    My MFP Profile    My Strava Profile

People need to realize that people are a*holes when it comes to body issues; I was constantly told that I needed to cut weight in wrestling because my weight didn't match my height even though I had a body fat level of <10%; which trying to make the team lead to anorexia which lead to other fun things (over training, not sleeping, generally being an asshole). Honestly I didn't start to feel healthy until I started sleeping and eating, I actually turned in a few good times during the track season; it wasn't until we started the summer wrestling camp when I didn't have to worry about weigh ins that I realized that a lot of things are just arbitrary numbers and really it all comes down to how you feel.

5'6 165lbs put me at 26.6 bmi which is overweight but with a <10% bf, so fuck the numbers; and right now I'm happier when I have a little bit of weight on me and really that's all that matters

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim