Forums are back in action! ×

Advice please for fitness goals for 6 week challenge

Hi All!

I'm new to the site and excited to jump right in with the 6 week challenge. I happen to be new to posting in any forum and writing in any blog. Aaack! So forgive me if I put things in the wrong place at first.

Here's the part I'm asking for advice on... I've worked out many times in my life and usually been considered in shape by ordinary standards but now that I'm ready for better than ordinary I'm not sure what to aim for so that I don't A)set myself up with too high a goal and end up disappointed or B) set my goal too low and not really challenge myself.

Currently I can not do a pull up or chin up. I do my push ups on my knees. I'm not very strong, just not prone to be extremely overweight. So, in 6 weeks what would be reasonable goals so I'm challenged to push? How many pushups? Pounds lost or % of body fat that can be lost in that amount of time?

Stats:

Female

5'10"

155 lbs

about 32% bf but getting it checked tomorrow to start challenge.

Thanks for any and all advice,

Brenda

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

This are tips from spezzy: Pick some year-end goals (i.e., 5 pullups, 15 full pushups, 25% bodyfat) and work towards it. You don't need to hit a specific number by the given date, just make appreciable progress towards your goal. Then, for the next goal, make more progress. Envision where you want to be at the end of the year, and get yourself there. Once you have your goals, feel free to drop by again with any questions about how to get there.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Thanks Corbab! That is where I was getting a little too analytical. I have a pretty good idea where I want to be by year end but I was thinking that for the challenge I needed some specifics for that time frame. For example getting to 24% body fat by year end would mean getting to what percent in the first 6 weeks but instead I'll just focus on dropping bf each challenge and getting there.

I'll be posting my blog today to officially join the challenge. Yay!

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

This is my first challenge too, and I wasn't sure what to put for goals. I'm just gonna keep working hard and see where I get...then for the next challenge I'll have a better idea of what to aim for :) Sounds like we are in a similar situation...although you're quite a bit taller than me (5'3").

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Hi MirGSS. Yes the whole forum and blog thing is new to me but I think I'm getting the hang of it. (hopefully) It would be fairly easy for me to say "I'm going to lose X pounds in 6 weeks" as I've done that enough times in my life but after reading so much on this site I realize how terribly wrong I was doing it and why it wasn't really sticking.

I really think having a supportive community will make a huge difference for me.

MyFitnessPal Diary

Alrighty I got my first blog posted with my 6 week goals. Of course after I posted it I realized there were a few details I forgot to put in there but hey I know what I'm trying to do for the 6 weeks.

Thanks for the help to keep me from over analyzing!

MyFitnessPal Diary