Forums are back in action! ×

The ARGH Thread

People who want to "converse" but who breathe in the middle of their sentences, never use a period and string all phrases together with conjunctions but never stop to think that maybe someone would like to reply if they would just stop talking long enough so someone else could possibly, maybe say something but who will accuse you of interrupting if you say anything..

ARRGHH!!

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Last night, I packed a nice veggie box for myself... carrot sticks, courgette sticks, sweet pepper slices, mange tout, and a big dollop of hummus, meaning to take it for lunch... and forgot it in the fridge. Figure oh well, I can take it tomorrow! When I get home, boyfriend says "You know that box of leftover veggies in the fridge, I've used most of that in the dinner tonight..." and apparently had been munching on the rest of it during the day. Sigh. Can't really blame him or anything, but argh.

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

Today was extremely ARGH. Was out of work on Friday because hubby almost fell down in the shower. Since he'd been having vertigo problems for about 3 weeks off and on, I took a sick day and took him to the doctor (tl;dr: he's fine now). But after being out on Friday, I have about twice my normal volume of drop-ins in the library, usually while I'm trying to take care of a scheduled class. And 2nd grade is being even more heinous than usual. As is the 1st grade class from hell; they're just fine while the superintendent is walking by in the hall, but the rest of the time, good GOD are they little shits (only one exception). I literally scream at them, with absolutely no effect. And I hate being that person. And I get home, and I get an email saying that legally I cannot do the book trailer project that's part of my life goals because the Oklahoma Library Association is run by control freaks who would rather clench everything librariany in their little grasping fists than let someone share books and reading in a way that they don't completely control.

ARGH!

My lovely hubby took me out to our favorite local pizza place for dinner, because he knows that food comforts me. I did have a salad, and stopped when I was full, so yay me, but this was a seriously shitful day, and I'm so glad I only have one more Monday of seeing classes before I start my end-of-year library stuff.

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

Received only an hour of sleep due to hearing a frog in my apartment all night. I thought I was going crazy when I looked everywhere for it. Finally I gave up and laid in bed when I noticed the damn frog on the wall above my bed.

Well played, Mother Nature, well played.

Go Big or Go Home! Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk.

Wake Your Dreams...

Guest Gemeaux

My argh : my manager is stressing me out so bad . She's the director of the kindy I work at and she's just not the type who should work with kids . She has a temper , yells at staff , kids and even snaps at some parents . Plus she only buys the cheapest toys and does not get things fixed . She creates such a stressful environment .

The other day a 4 year old had a splinter deep in her foot and she yelled at her for crying !

I could go on forever about what's wrong with that nutcase . She has her nice moments but bitches about us behind our backs . Since she's the owner we can't go to management . I reported her to child services already , but none of the other staff would do that as they're scared . When I'm hugging a child because they are upset , she grabs them away from me and tells them to stop crying . I would leave but love the other staff and the kids too much .

My argh : my manager is stressing me out so bad . She's the director of the kindy I work at and she's just not the type who should work with kids . She has a temper , yells at staff , kids and even snaps at some parents . Plus she only buys the cheapest toys and does not get things fixed . She creates such a stressful environment .

The other day a 4 year old had a splinter deep in her foot and she yelled at her for crying !

I could go on forever about what's wrong with that nutcase . She has her nice moments but bitches about us behind our backs . Since she's the owner we can't go to management . I reported her to child services already , but none of the other staff would do that as they're scared . When I'm hugging a child because they are upset , she grabs them away from me and tells them to stop crying . I would leave but love the other staff and the kids too much .

wow that lady sounds terrible

Well I guess it's only life, it's only natural We all spend a little while going down the rabbit hole

Work is crazy-stressful today, and the gaming convention I'm helping to run is this weekend, so I'm getting all kinds of stuff from that too, and the charity I'm trying to set up is running into legal issues and I am a freak who refuses to delegate and ARRGGGGGGHHHHH I need to lift heavy things to deal with the stress, but my back is fuarked from that one moment of bad form last week.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHH

Next year, I'm not helping run the con, I'm just attending. It'll all be fine.

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

Guest Aomame
Received only an hour of sleep due to hearing a frog in my apartment all night. I thought I was going crazy when I looked everywhere for it. Finally I gave up and laid in bed when I noticed the damn frog on the wall above my bed.

Well played, Mother Nature, well played.

Go Big or Go Home! Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk.

That made me laugh, too!

Guest Aomame

8 minutes into my shift I'm dispatched to a drug overdose. Arrive and mom is doing CPR on her obviously deceased 34 year old son. Looks like today is going to be a repeat of yesterday. *sigh*

I just want to crawl under the covers and hide for awhile.

Guest Gemeaux
8 minutes into my shift I'm dispatched to a drug overdose. Arrive and mom is doing CPR on her obviously deceased 34 year old son. Looks like today is going to be a repeat of yesterday. *sigh*

Oh I'm so sorry x

dang...

Well I guess it's only life, it's only natural We all spend a little while going down the rabbit hole

Guest Aomame

I'm sitting at my desk now (obviously) -- I debated about posting this, I don't want to depress everyone! My work related Argh's usually really, REALLY suck. 3 hours into this shift, 9 to go!

Guest Gemeaux
I'm sitting at my desk now (obviously) -- I debated about posting this, I don't want to depress everyone! My work related Argh's usually really, REALLY suck. 3 hours into this shift, 9 to go!

No , it's good to let it out .

You gotta vent somewhere, right?

Guest Aomame
No , it's good to let it out .

Thank you! I seriously does help to vent.

I gotta say, yesterday was awful. I reeeeeeeeeeally didn't want to do anything. My shift went 12.5 hours. I was exhausted when I got home. Instead of hiding though, I changed clothes and Jamie coached me through session #5 of 5X5 SL's. When we were done, I felt so incredibly good! I never knew powerlifting was such a stress relief. My headache was gone, my body was relaxed, it was incredible! So note to self -- whine about it here and lift heavy things.

Work is crazy-stressful today, and the gaming convention I'm helping to run is this weekend, so I'm getting all kinds of stuff from that too, and the charity I'm trying to set up is running into legal issues and I am a freak who refuses to delegate and ARRGGGGGGHHHHH I need to lift heavy things to deal with the stress, but my back is fuarked from that one moment of bad form last week.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHH

Next year, I'm not helping run the con, I'm just attending. It'll all be fine.

Reminds me of how excited I am for PAX East in THREE DAYS! What's your con (assuming, you being in Edinburgh, that it's not PAX)?

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

Oh my. That sounds like a difficult job. *hugs*

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8