Forums are back in action! ×

The ARGH Thread

Wow lots of good arghs here. I have a few to add:

ARGH. I am too fat for my pants. Even my fat pants.

ARGH. My gym has no staffed hours tomorrow (July 4). I am tired of skipping workouts. I can try to tailgate behind someone who has 24/7 access, but they might not let me and also if they let me they might lose their membership.

I'm too fat....and I don't have any fat pants!

I am having trouble walking to my new gym - the Workout room here at our new apartment(three flights of stairs)

I am having trouble with my new WOD - walking up and down the three flights of stairs in the apartment to take out my dear dog that is suffering with an issue that if the med for the issue doesn't kill him then maybe we can keep him from dying from the issue. ARRGGHH!!

I need to relieve my service dog of all stress, which means I can't take him to the pool with me while I swim...HE HATES IT WHEN I SWIM...HE CAN'T ALERT TO ME THEN!

OK MIR - WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO TO GET IT TOGETHER????

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

Got into a huge argument with my mother yesterday and I don't think our relationship will ever be the same.

Biggest mistake of my entire life was to move home. I should NEVER have done it.

My mom had bipolar....and it was very hard to live with....I'm so sorry you are going through this....{{{GoGo}}}

Adventurer by choice

GoGo....

I have no answers, only empathy....

I suffer with depression tendencies....and I have learned various techniques, but the key was that I wanted to get better....

My one truth for you is this....TAKE CARE OF YOU! YOU ARE THE ONLY YOU YOU HAVE! YOU ARE YOUR OWN AND BESTEST BFF!

TREAT YOURSELF THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED!

{{{GoGo}}}

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Adventurer by choice

I always remember feeling like you're walking on eggshells around her because you didn't know what would set her off into a rage - or an argument and then she'd cry and make you feel like you were always the bad guy.

This actually sounds a lot like bi-polar...perhaps, possibly, thinking of it as that might make it a little easier for you not to feel it so personally? Having said that - she's your mum, and it's a very difficult situation for you. Like you said; deep breaths. :(

Always kick higher

I've been awake over 40 hours.

I've driven 2400 km with my parents and 3 dogs in a truck back to Ontario where we had just left less than 3 weeks ago.

My grandfather has been in the hospital since June 30th; severely dehydrated and fading fast. My uncle finally Skype'd us Friday and showed my grandfather who looked like he'd lost another 50 pounds since we'd last seen him, if that's even humanly possible. We packed up in a matter of hours and left. Drove straight through, stopping only to switch drivers and refuel.

At just after 8 a.m. Saskatchewan time, just an hour East of Swift Current, my aunt calls and tells us that my grandfather passed away about 15 minutes before that. We didn't make it back in time. We were still over 12 hours away from our destination.

Been a shitty day. Managed to see his body before they take it tomorrow to the funeral home to be cremated later this week.

At least...at the very least.. he isn't in any more pain.

So sorry to hear that! That is really harsh. :(

Take care of yourself!

Always kick higher

I have this sneaking suspicion that come the 15th, I will literally rip the head off anyone who suggests watching any kind of Superhero movie. My boyfriend's kids are staying with us over block leave (boys, ages 5 and 3, respectively) and the only thing they are interested in doing is watching superhero movies. Now, I have zero issues with kids enjoying superhero tales, but these two are zombies over them: it's the first thing they want to do when they wake up, they're constantly asking to "watch another one" all day long, and it's the last thing they want to do before they go to bed. And maybe it wouldn't bother me so much if they'd spend some playtime pretending they were their favorite characters (Spiderman for the 5 year old, and The Hulk for the 3 year old) - but their version of play-pretend is to grab their action figures, sit in front of the TV, and push the buttons to make the toys say things in time with the movie. My boyfriend has been really good about limiting their TV time while they're with us, but OH MY FUCKING GOD these kids are so.... so pathetic! They're loud, and whiney, and destructive (all the things I'd expect from little boys their age) but they do it all with such a complete lack of any higher brain function, it's ridiculous. They remind me of tiny zombies: lots of noise and drool and snot and flailing around, but no clue that there's any point to being a living human being. I've babysat plenty of kids in my lifetime, and the boys were always the most interesting to me - always plotting and scheming up ways to outsmart the babysitter, or playing tricks on each other, or trying to take apart their toys for whatever reason. These two though.... wow. Completely lacking in interest of anything that isn't displayed on a screen. We take them outside to play or go fishing or swimming, and within 5 minutes the mantra begins: "When are we going inside?" Seriously, if I had a fenced in yard, I would literally lock them out of the house just to see if being in daylight would make them burst into flames. At their ages, being inside ought to be the LAST thing they want to do, EVER. Seeing them like this... all corpsified and lethargic... ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only one thing is worse than a neverending stream of superhero movies: Annie. It's like someone squeezed all the irritating out of Carrot Top, condensed it, and then pumped a bag of baby carrots full of the stuff and taught it how to make noise while jumping around.

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

... kids are staying with us ...

You have just described what my own personal hell would be.

Maybe you can convince the boyfriend that they need a "Men's Day Out" doing boy things far away from you? The kids probably won't have any fun, but you'll get a break.

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

So a few months ago I met a really cute and awesome bisexual girl and we hit it off pretty well. Life came up for both of us and nothing happened. Ran into her again a few weeks ago and there was the same easy flirting (which is a miracle for me) and seeming mutual interest. So I ask her out and she says that she is only dating girls because she had a boyfriend in the months between who pretty regularly ignored her boundaries.

@^ assholes and just A@#@#%*(^(^*$@(*^*(#^%()@(*^)(&@(#^*%)(@*#!

And stupid me for not asking her out those months ago.

You have just described what my own personal hell would be.

Maybe you can convince the boyfriend that they need a "Men's Day Out" doing boy things far away from you? The kids probably won't have any fun, but you'll get a break.

Seriously considering it! But I love him, sooo.... condemning him to something like that seems like it ought to be reserved for if he ever did anything dumb enough to get on my bad side, y'know?

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

ARGH when people you know and are MUTUALLY friends with go off and do something awesome and exciting and then tell the world about it BUT FORGET TO INVITE YOU!!!

... especially when you've been expressing to both of them that you miss your girls' days and really need another one soon, and they AGREE!!! ARGH.

ARGH for being in limbo. Trying not to think of "114 days, 4 hours, 50 minutes and 38... 37... 36... seconds to Costa Rica!" because it makes me feel like I'm serving a prison sentence.

ARGH for the korean school system NOT BELIEVING IN SUMMER BREAK!!! Go home for once, you crazy people!

Also, on a personal note, on some level ARGH for having morals. The high road is friggin lonely.

You can't take the sky from me...
Level 4: Coyote Skin-Walker, Hunter, Ranger, Maker Of Dust
6'0" | white female | age: 25 | 42-35-42
CON: 7 | DEX: 8 | STR: 10 | STA: 8 | WIS: 10.5 | CHA: 7
Heaviest: 267.2 | Current: 206.1 | Final goal: 190

I have had this start-up idea for a while, in case I decide to start my own studio, and it's related to education and games. There has been nothing like it so far, especially not in Sweden, and my plans have been to start working on it after summer.. Today I saw an advert for a start-up company in Sweden doing a very similar thing, if not even identical... There's nothing more frustrating than having a unique idea that you fail to make in time because you didn't have the money nor the time to produce it. :(

I get a fitness evaluation every six weeks at my gym. I talk with the trainer, evaluate my program, check my weight and bodyfat composition. At mid-May, I was told my bodyfat was 14.99%, down from 17.19% at the beginning of April. I was very pleased with myself, for obvious reasons. Last Tuesday, after repeated measurements and calculations, the trainer told me that the last measurement had been inaccurate, and my bodyfat is 16.27%. Pfui!

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

We have a gentleman with a very large roman nose who constantly clears his sinuses by snorting in through his nostrils. Easily audble 30' away

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

two gems this morning from my co worker (yes, THAT one)

Coworker: Stupid b*tch. ...I was talking about me there.

me: well, I assumed that you didn't mean me

Coworker: not neccersarily.

me: ...thanks.

me: Man, I really wish I had some biscuits to dunk in my drink.

coworker: I don't see why, you're eating all the time.

me: what?

coworker: You're always eating at work.

me: I- what? *speechless*

coworker: *opens a packet of crisps*

/rage

They/them please

Um, is that language acceptable in your workplace?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

People do swear at my work and I don't mind, because usually it's not directed at each other, it's mostly about situations or the machinery around us (the poor photocopier gets called some awful things!) But... yeah...

They/them please

So I have been absolutely miserable at work for the last month, and just uninterested the last few months. So I put in my 2 week notice on Monday. Now all my management is begging me to stay, and talking about how great of an employee I am and how they don't want me to leave because I am too valuable (I build all of their computers for them, and run a lot of tech work). Now I am feeling guilty for wanting to leave. AFHSFBAKJSHBFASJb just let me leave hating this place! Is that too much to ask? -_-