Forums are back in action! ×

Not so brand-spanking new

Hey Rebels!

I've been lurking around this place for a while now and with the latest challenge getting under way, I've decided to stop being shy on the forums! I'm pretty pumped to be part of it and look forward to getting to know some folks around here.

I used to hang out over at My Fitness Pal but I've learned that whenever I keep track of what I eat down to the last morsel, I think about food all the time & that sucks. I'm just starting to eat paleo-ish and have been working out pretty regularly for a while now. Lately I've been really into weightlifting and I'm signed up for a couple footraces here in the near future (a half marathon in late April is the big one). I'm a Minnesotan, maybe not a bona fide nerd but I do LOVE to read and I'm frequently awkward in public. I love murder mysteries and fantasy (like LotR) but haven't been able to read much for leisure as I'm currently in college.

If you're trying to get buff & eat paleo, add me as a buddy! We can be strong and meaty together...that didn't come out right! You know what I mean though, hit me up! :eagerness:

MintyFresh

Monk of the Muay Thai variety

Here's my current challenge!

Welcome!!

I bet you're excited for your half! I love running and one day I'd like to do a half...but I just don't have the time to train right now.

What are you studying in college? I'm planning to get my degree in December...yay :)

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Whatup MirGSS! I'm studying the Ojibwe language and Whole Systems Healing. I have Ojibwe heritage so it's been really cool to learn the language and keep it alive & the WSH stuff is cool because it takes our world and looks at it from a more connected perspective instead of viewing everything as disparate parts. (More than you wanted to know probably! LOL) What's your degree in? Congrats on being almost done!! Training for a half is a buttload of work and I've been feeling less than thrilled about it lately. It'll be better once it gets nice out though, it's been cold & snowy here in Minnesota!

JPanda,

I could tell you what my pic is but then I'd have to kill you...ha! Just kidding, it's a picture of the top of a post in the garden at my Grandma's church. They have this sweet little garden intermingled with random geometric statues and I thought this one looked like something I'd find in the Shire so naturally I snapped a photo... :D

MintyFresh

That's awesome...I'm doing basically the opposite...haha. I'm going to end up with a BBA in Information Technology Management. I love computers and stuff so I think I'm in a good spot.

I just found out that a couple of my coworkers are doing a 5k in May. Even though I've given up running for a bit, I'm tempted to train with them. We'll see if I can squeeze it in somewhere :D Do you have a particular plan that you're following?

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I like Jeff Galloway's gentle approach if you're just getting back into it (http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/5k.html). Since I've been running for a while now pretty consistently, I modified this random thing I found online for my own schedule since I only have about 8 weeks until my half marathon: http://mba.tuck.dartmouth.edu/pages/clubs/triathlon/training/Half_Marathon.htm. Have you found any that you like or do you just sort of wing it?

MintyFresh